Atheist NoFappers - 21 Days of strictly No PMO

In 15 and for some reason the code doesn:'t work?

Try ea2da3
Your age is really less, it’s really the time for you to nurture your thinking and make something good of your life, trust me, if you can control yourself now, you’ll be the winner forver, this upper adolescent age is the age where you have no liabilities and everyone expects good from you, read books, I suggest you start with The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand, don’t go too political on that book but just be inspired by the protagonist, invest time in making yourself better, trust me, you can do brilliant in your life.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll try to get my hands on that book, and I’ll try harder :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re calling Howard Roark the antagonist or Peter Keating an inspiration? :confused:

1 Like

@pieterdebeer48 @speak.aditya.asia hehe :grinning: sorry guys autocorrect got me bad, I meant protagonist, was in hurry so couldn’t review the comment, thanks @speak.aditya.asia

@speak.aditya.asia reading a lotta Ayn rand? Keating is also a man of circumstances btw its not his fault, although he can’t be considered a protagonist like Brutus in Julius Caesar by Shakespeare.

Yeah, read the fountainhead and atlas shrugged but her essays and letters are all the extensions of the same thoughts so had to stop reading ‘Philosophy Who needs it’ midway… IMO Keating was a usual ambitious person similar to those amongst us, I tried to be piteous about his situation in the end but all I could remember was his opportunistic choices which led him to where he was… What do you think?

Yes she’s monotonous and redundant, and Peter Keating must a survival expert given we know Theory of Natural Selection and Probability as taught by Nassim Nicholas Taleb. Yes according to Taleb, roark is a clear loser.

1 Like

Adding to that, I just finished with 48 Laws of Power and I just hated every word of it because once you have read Ayn Rand then any such advices of acting shrewd and cunning and taking advantage of other people starts to look like a sin. Sometimes I think I shouldn’t even have read Ayn Rand but that’s the most beautiful peace of literature which I read.

1 Like

Try some of George Orwell, the metamorphosis by Franz Kafka, and a bit of Kurt Vonnegut for sure

1 Like

I’ll definitely find the audiobooks for these authors. You seem to be an avid reader. I have to study long hours for CFA and CS, dont get to read much but I listen to audiobooks when I am in the gym.

1 Like

I had been preparing for civil services, took a break from that a while, have a Kindle loaded with books I had wished to read, so gave it a chance. Thanks.

1 Like

Day 27. But I didn’t relapse at all buddy. What was your point again ?

Hey guys add me…
Priyankon; code: 1c11ad

Didn’t know there was an atheist section here.
Finally people with similar thoughts and logical productive discussions.

1 Like

You’re welcome! Stay strong!

1 Like

The most important thing is your integrity, your conviction broken is your essence broken.

1 Like

The impediment to action advances action,
What stands in the way becomes the way.

~Marcus Aurelius

2 Likes

Watching more would harm you more. Observe the trickery of the brain to coax you to watch dirt saying “Just A Little”, a deep promise echoing in the head saying again and again “no just a little, I won’t masturbate, I won’t get wrong mindset, just a little won’t matter”. Thus, gets convinced your subconscious brain and perhaps instantly to the idea which makes you watch that just a little stuff.

Hoping to quench the thirst you go the bank of the lust river thinking you need just some drops of it, but no, here you are, there is a whole river in front of you, it’s in your territory, you’ve got what you’ve ever wanted, there is nothing more good than this, there is no other thing more joyful and precious like this, it’s not bad, it’s beautiful, everybody is taking deep dive into it, why not I too do it, I haven’t lost all what I have yet, why not make the most of the moment, why not enjoy the life to the fullest, I am not harming anyone, I am not taking anything from anyone, this is just me and my world, I must enjoy it, I want to immerse myself into it, why not completely soak myself into it.

4 Likes

You’ve taken that fantasy bath, and now you’re physically and mentally squeezed, here comes the real world, the real objectives, the real things, the real motives, the real passions, the real feelings, the real people, the real interactions, the real breathing, the real sensations, the real situations, the real goals, the real aims…but you’re tired now and you got no power to face these affairs.
This is here, you say, all of that was an illusion, all of that was fake, all that was just a deception, all that was mere mindset.

3 Likes

The most deplorable fact of your living is that you are an organic scum, you too have sensations, you too are just like other wild animals. Irony is yet you consider yourself worthy of something, yet you think you’re capable. Yet, you take pride in your inheritance. Why doesn’t your mind revolt to animal instincts? Why doesn’t it do what you want it to do? Why are you a slave of those desires like animals? Why do you have to submit each time a thought appears in you head? Why?

Discipline and observation, look at the people around you, most are done with what they can possibly think of achieving, you unlike them, had promised yourself a heaven, a heaven that you by your own work independently would build, and you think you’re capable of. Obstacles hence must be removed forever, of which the lust is the biggest. It doesn’t deserve to snatch a single moment of your energy from you, No it doesn’t deserve any of you.

3 Likes