Any Christians?

Again, statues doesn’t always mean worshipping. We have statues of historic figures, does that mean we worship them?:thinking:

I wouldn’t worry @RebootGabe
People always fall short :pray:

1 Like

Idoltry was always bad in the bible. Your worshipping an object when you do that.
I am not to say that all churches claiming to be idoltry free are free because they have idols they worship just like Catholics. In which case both are doing idol worship. But not all churches are idoltry.
In a way people worship what has been sculptured. So yeah people do worship that.
Just like the love of money and nothing else. They worship money.
That’s if you want to know whether idoltry is bad. Which is if your a true Christian.

1 Like

You can’t convince me, it is not idolatry. Btw, you spelled it wrong.

1 Like

Is Saint Steven not of worth?

Everytime I look up to the Saints in the stained glass or a statue of, I’m constantly reminded of Christ, his life and example through my brothers & sisters who used their lives to follow Christ and God’s will.

Saint Xavier was a man who drew inspiration from the Saints instead of romantic novels of warriors, and went on to preach the gospels in Asia.

The Saints are our family to all Christians.

It is amazing faith to look for statues to come alive, but not something worthy of my soul, only foolish.

4 Likes

The person who created the icon, stained the glass, sculpted the statue have worth for their mind, body and soul.

The objects were not created to bring praise for their creator, nor for those objects to be adored, but to recognise The Creator God.

Churches are NOT a museum for tourists, but a holy place of worthship to The Creator.

Personally, it makes me shudder when I’ve been to Churches and Cathedrals abroad with non-Catholic friends who adore the architecture & art of these places. Even in non-Catholic cathedrals, people adore the stations of the cross created by contemporary artists.
I shudder and would rather find the small lady Chapel, kneel, pray, zone out, and be in God’s presence, with Our Mother and her son, Our Lord, Friend and Brother.

3 Likes

Is there an issue being discussed, or just an argument. Arguments are pointless, but if y’all want to pick a topic and have a civil discussion about it, gives both sides the opportunity to gain ground and not be insulted.

3 Likes

Thanks for correcting the spelling.

Then what does idolatry mean to you then?. If I may ask that is.

2 Likes

Idolatry is when you worship that object. Thats the definition. But not all people worship objects. Like I used to have a cross bracelet and never worshipped the object itself. It was just a reminder.
But most Catholics not all worship objects.
When I was a Catholic I was convinced to worship statues of saints first everytime I came to the Catholic church the last that we worshipped was the almighty God in the temple.
Now I think. Why?
Are saints first and father last?
It’s called Saint worship.
We should respect the saints because they are the work of God. Mary is blessed amen. John Baptist shall be honored what he did in the earth.
But to be worshipped? No.
Not worth my worship. Amen.

2 Likes

Think about it. We have toys, statues, etc. They represent something, do we worship them? No. Same with statues of the Blessed Virgin Mary and all the Saints. They represent something much greater, we honor them, but not worship. Jesus Christ is who we worship.

1 Like

Y’all are aware that you’re saying the same things, right?

1 Like

Careful with language there bro :joy::pray:X

Yes. I definitely feel there’s some prejudice towards Catholicism. I see it, but only on the Internet.

I agree, there is a Mary-cult. Before I became a Christian I’d been invited to places of apparition and kid-you-not, have seen the sun beat like a heart (spin others say) but told God “I don’t need external miracles” and the hysteria I witnessed.

While I think praying to Angels & Saints is a good thing, I do think there is a danger of psychosis talking to personal spiritual beings, and a danger of not going directly to Jesus, what he did and said.

1 Like

I am sorry, I apologize for what I said. There really should not be cults and religions, there is only one god.

2 Likes

I am just saying that most Catholics worship idols. But maybe not all. But from experience most. I used to be Catholic that’s why I am saying this.
True Christians always carry the word of the bible. Carry their cross. Their sins and put it in the cross.
Mary is the legal mother of Jesus in earth what is considered a mother. but not in origination.
Jesus was the word. And the word was with God. The word is God. Even before Jesus came physically in earth he is all eternal, he is part of God. The word. Hand of God.

1 Like

Yeah your basically opening a portal of speaking to other bad spirits.
Remember the bible says the earth is ruled by Satan for a while. A deceiver. Father of lies. Lied to the person who deceived Jesus. But Jesus knew. But he knows he cannot force someone. That’s not love.

1 Like

I believe the bible you use leaves out books.

King James Bible is the English version of the bible from Hebrew original scrolls.

I’m a russian who’s living in Germany. Originally orthodox, but i want to convert to lutheranianism. Idk if i typed that correctly, excuse me if i didn’t. I don’t want to go into details, because i don’t want to hurt the feelings of other christians.

Here is my companion code. glda20

1 Like

Actually… It’s basically that what you are all talking about now. I know that the orthodox church does pray to the saints and the virgin Mary and the saints, and i’m sure the catholic church does too. Although it’s not always the same. Along with other problems. Politics being one of them. Actually, i wanted to become a protestant, but the modern protestantism doesn’t suit me, because it’s, in my opinion(!), bullshit. Hence, lutherianism, which is very close if not the same to the reformations of Martin Luther. Of course, not every church can be perfect, but i choose to assign myself to the lesser bad, if you will. PS. I wanted to join wendic/slavic paganism even once. Due to the problems of the church. But the almighty one God is the only way for me after all.

1 Like

Hey!! I’m Christian as well, and I’m trying hard to put a period on this. I’m from Brazil, have 20 years old. God bless you all, and help us too!

2 Likes