(24 M) Another old Diary

10th April 10:33 am
I got pretty late last night, then I got some intense urges, I visited insta which I shouldn’t have but my insta feed is so good now, comedic videos, inspirational and spiritual videos. Thankfully I didn’t come across anything triggering and then I saw this
15K likes, 425 comments - Danny Morel (@dannymorel) on Instagram: "Grandfather sings “What a wonderful world “ to his beautiful grandson Joseph who has Down syn..."
I almost teared up, so heartwarming. I closed insta, listened to a bhajan and went to sleep.

6 Likes

Good job, insta is like a trap that can lead us to a dark place if we are not careful.

3 Likes

True that bro :sweat_smile:.

2 Likes

Day: 104

1. Study
  2. Sleeping before/around 12am last night
  3. :white_check_mark:Gayatri Mantra chanting before sleeping last night
  4. :white_check_mark:Workout: 40 min
  5. :white_check_mark:Prayer
  6. :white_check_mark:Affirmations, Visualisation
  7. :white_check_mark:Reading and contemplating the daily stoic
  8. :white_check_mark:Reading Bhagawad Geeta
  9. :white_check_mark:Cold shower
  10. :white_check_mark:Meditation: 5 min + 15 min
  11. No daytime nap
  12. No internet till dinner except for studies/important matters
  13. No Sugar
  14. :white_check_mark:Shutdown Ritual/ planning for the next day
  15. :white_check_mark:Listening to easy peasy

We all did pooja in morning, went to my cousin’s place in evening, tomorrow me and my cousin are going to a local fair, but now I am almost free from chores, I can get back to proper studies now and hopefully I won’t get much distractions till 29th (date of my next exam), well me my cousin and my sister have to stay here alone for 3-4 days next week, so I’ll have to cook from time to time but I’ll manage. Anyway I’ll sleep on time today, Hopefully study well tomorrow and chill at the fair in the evening.

7 Likes

Day: 105

1. Study: 1.5 hrs :sweat_smile:
  2. Sleeping before/around 12am last night: Around 1
  4. :white_check_mark:Workout: 35 min + 12k steps walk
  9. Cold shower: I am having cold so avoided it.
  10. :white_check_mark:Meditation: 15 min + 5 min
  11. :white_check_mark:No daytime nap
  12. :white_check_mark:No internet till dinner except for studies/important matters
  13. No Sugar: Had some Jalebi and cotton candy :joy:
  15. :white_check_mark:Listening to easy peasy: I read 2 chapters and listened to the audiobook for quite sometime, I did that because two days ago as I posted above, I chose to visit Instagram during urges which is surely stupidity, it’s only by God’s grace that I didn’t come across anything triggering, I read the chapter on casual users and Instagram/twitch/YouTube users, I was forgetting that by visiting these places we’ll most probably come across some minor triggers and if we keep doing so our mind gets desensitized to them and things escalate to much worse level in no time, so disabled my Instagram for the time being and I am never going there again unless something really important comes up, well disabling such accounts is tough because I am social kind of guy and this move seems quite introverted :joy:, but I know now that there’s no point in going there, if someone important has something important they’ll message or call me directly and not through Instagram for sure.
    Last year I did this mistake itself, that I just ignored such incidents without thinking, it piled upon me and bam relapse a few days later, not repeating the same mistakes this time.

About my day today, went to a fair in the evening with my cousin it was somewhat far from my house, we enjoyed a lot, I went there onfoot and returned onfoot too, I cheked google fit and it accounts for a total of 12k steps, which is 9 kms :muscle:. Also I am having a cold, because I was being careless, I had an ice cream on the way while returning from rhe trip and yesterday I made a milkshake with chilled milk :sweat_smile:, and because I wasn’t getting regular good sleep in last week because of travelling and all so it got me, I took steam and gargled, I think it’ll get better. That’s about it. Studied but not too much, tomorrow morning I have to attend an interview guidance session at 10:30, planning to finish all my chores before that and get to studying afterwards. For now I’ll chill or I have some semi productive works to deal with, I’ll do them before sleeping.

6 Likes

Do give this thread a read, it’s for save soil movement

5 Likes

Thank You Very Much Bhaiya :pray: :pray:

2 Likes

Day: 106

1. Study: 4 hrs 15 min
  2. :white_check_mark:Sleeping before/around 12am last night
  4. :white_check_mark:Workout: 30 min
  9. Cold shower: took luke warm shower because of cold
  10. :white_check_mark:Meditation: 15 min + 5 min
  11. No daytime nap: 15 min nap
  13. No Sugar: I’ve not been focusing on this, I need to take care of this or I’ll be fat in no time

As soon as I woke up in the morning when I blew my nose I got a nosebleed, I was planning to workout before my interview guidance session but I avoided it because it’s not advisable to workout atleast for a few hours after a nosebleed, the session lasted for 3 hours, I did almost all my chores in the evening itself, and whole day I had a headache because of cold, I started studying in the evening but couldn’t focus, I had to take a short nap, was able to study for sometime after that, not much effective though. I drank a lot of warm water throughout the day and had Hot Chana soup for dinner, now I’ll take good sleep again so that my body can focus on recovery.
I am having another interview guidance session tomorrow morning 10:30 onwards, I’ll try to do my chores before that.

5 Likes

13th April, 4:11 pm
I had an interview guidance session in the morning and I kept my mobile phone open because of that, it lasted for little less than two hours but I have been glued to my phone till now, I watched today’s episode of Moonknight which was great but I still have some of my chores remaining and over that I was aiming to reach a total of atleast 5 hrs of studies, I can still do that. But I need to put my phone on detox now, doing that right away. Posting this here just for accountability.

4 Likes

Day: 107

1. Study: 3 hrs 12 min
  9. Cold shower: Luke warm shower
  10. :white_check_mark:Meditation: 15 min + 10 min
  12. No internet till dinner except for studies/important matters: 6 hrs detox
  13. No Sugar: There’s some Jalebi and some sweets lying around, I again fell prey to them :joy:, I should start calling myself Fatranjay.

After I posted the above update I put my phone on detox for 6 hrs, finished my chores, made a proper plan and schedule as I had been feeling pretty directionless about studies lately, then studied for sometime. Today also had a lot of warm water, ate hot soupy maggi noodles for dinner, cold is still there, was feeling a little better mentally than yesterday.

5 Likes

Day: 108

1. Study: About half an hour
  2. Sleeping before/around 12am last night: Around 12:30
  10. :white_check_mark:Meditation: 17 min
  12. :white_check_mark:No internet till dinner except for studies/important matters
  13. :white_check_mark:No Sugar

My cousin and aunt visited here today, didn’t study much, I did some cleaning in the morning, I cleaned our bathroom and my cousin complimented later on that, felt good. My parents, aunt and grandma are going out of town to my other uncle’s place, so me my sister and cousin sister will be taking care of our home, we are supposed to cook and all ourselves, that fortunately we know how to do :joy:. My parents will return by 17th Night, do next three days will be chill, I’ll try to sqeeze im studying in between all the chores and chilling :joy:. And about my cold, it’s getting better

5 Likes

Day: 109

1. Study
  2. Sleeping before/around 12am last night: Around 2 :sweat_smile:
  4. :white_check_mark:Workout: 35 min
  11. No daytime nap: 30 min nap
  13. No Sugar

Last night I watched last two episodes of the series Hawkeye which I had been watching for last 4 days. My parents left in morning, I slept again after seeing them off, me and my cousin went to the local Tibetan market in the evening, we had momos, we bought bread and cheese to make sandwiches tomorrow, we’ve been pretty much just chilling :joy:. We are going to watch a movie now before sleeping.

4 Likes

Day: 110

1. Study: 1 hr 17 min
  4. :white_check_mark:Workout: 45 min
  12. No internet till dinner except for studies/important matters: Detoxed till 5 pm
  13. No Sugar

Today was fun again, I put my phone on detox till evening so I was able to do my tasks properly and I studied for sometime as well, I cooked white sauce pasta for dinner, it was awesome, we had been watching the Matrix movie series, we’ll continue watching it before sleeping. We chilled a lot in these two days, ate a lot, watched movies, cooked, all well and my parents are gonna be back by tomorrow.

4 Likes

I think a new matrix movie has came few months ago … It is going to be lit
Thanks for reminding. Now will watch it…

2 Likes

It was released in 2021. 4th part, we’ll probably get to it by tomorrow :joy:, we are midway 2nd part at the moment.

1 Like

Oh… 2nd and third part are lit as well. And oh boy the fighting in 3rd one is fantastic.

1 Like

Yeah it’s awesome af, I haven’t watched the third yet but soon :joy:, looking forward to it. But in 2nd part neo and Trinity went quite overboard :rofl::rofl:.

1 Like

Oh so let me tell you some spoilers :slightly_smiling_face::smiling_imp:

1 Like

Yeah… It was lit :fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

1 Like

:joy: Not a fan of spoilers, don’t give any sopilers about 2nd part too.

I wasn’t talking about the fight :joy:. I think you forgot, that’s good
Let’s just leave it here, we’ll continue the discussion after I finish the movies

1 Like