Jogging: :white_check_mark:
pushups: no
pullups: :white_check_mark: (12)
back exercises: no
cold shower: no
cleaned up my room in the evening: a little bit

2 Likes

Damn :fire::fire::100:.
I do practice positive affirmations and starting practicing gratitude as well, but I didn’t record myself, I’ll give it a try, but I have seen some good results also just by practicing positive affirmations on a daily basis.

1 Like

yes its very useful, I noticed a delayed effect, I noticed I now have the perspective I affirmed a few weeks ago

1 Like

12.05. 6:55am

Getting up at 6am: :white_check_mark:
Meditation: :white_check_mark: (short)
pullups: no
back exercises: :white_check_mark: (20)

Yesterday I thought this: I noticed that many times, I act out of a guilty conscience or make others feel a guilty conscience. This happens many, many times. I want to erase it fully, its never appropriate. When I act out of a guilty conscience, Im trying to evade the consequence of my real actions. If I just did what I was supposed to out of my own heart I wouldnt feel guilty about it, I would have just done it. The fact that I didnt do it means that there is something in me that actually says: yes, I dont want to do it. If I now act out of my guilty conscience I try to negate my real behavior and dont take responsibility for it. I only do the corrective action to not feel the guilt, not because I actually want to correct anything. So I made the ambition for myself to never act out of a guilty conscience and instead accept the consequences of my actions and to never make anyone else feel guilty on purpose.

I felt very sick yesterday. Today I ll give myself some room to recover. The jogging was very short and the exercise too. Today I will work on an order I got for blacksmithing a tripod for a campfire, Id like to do it very much.

1 Like

Yes, it takes time for affirmations to be deep rooted in your subconscious.

:smiley:

Tripod for haging a pot over a campfire, someone asked me yesterday to make it for him

1 Like

wow , looks fantastic
amazing work :smiley_cat:

2 Likes

13.05. 6:51am

Meditation: :white_check_mark: (short)
cold shower: :white_check_mark:

Not much to say, I have a headache, I should drink more. Im committing to my goal of not saying anything negative if it isnt necessary, to never give someone a guilty conscience on purpose and never to act out of a guilty consicence. I wish I could read more.

2 Likes

Yes💯
I’ve also realized this just recently that it’s much better to congratulate ourselves on whatever good we did than to feel bad about something we weren’t able to do or what we did wrongly.
Either I am on point here or I didn’t understand your post about guilty conscience well :sweat_smile:

14.05. 6:28am

warm water on empty stomach: :white_check_mark:
back exercises: :white_check_mark: (80)
Stretching: :white_check_mark: (2min)
cleaned up my room in the evening: :white_check_mark:
Meditation: :white_check_mark:

I have horrible posture. I hope to improve it by stretching and exercising the back. The habit cold shower doesnt matter to me at all I realize, I dont care for it. I nearly never complete it. Sometimes I do, but I only shower before leaving, after writing the journal is finished. I think today I ll cold shower again aswell. I will put a checkmark there and then I will do it.

Yesterday I sent the pictures of the tripod :smiley: I could make many of these and sell them for camping et cetera! They are a useful thing!

Today I had the idea of starting a company with one of my students. I realize he is incredibly good at finding mechanical solutions. Starting a company and having him as my advisor would be very effective. Something like precision cnc machining or something similar to it. Its a funny situation, he is intelligent enough to have straight A’s in maths but he has bad marks due to language issues since hes not from germany originally. Its a horribly ironic situation ;D I like him very much, we are only about a year apart in age and I consider him a great friend.

Right now doing blacksmithing doesnt involve many mechanical problems but I wouldnt mind expanding to it in the future.

Yesterday in the evening phone call with my accountability partner I promised I would not watch any youtube today. Instead the only internet activities allowed for today would be reading (books) or writing (like right now). I ll try it!

My wrist is hurting a lot. I should see a doctor. Its saturday so they are all closed.

I should keep practicing hooks today and when Im successful at it, the customers will come. But I do realize there is a greater interest in courses for blacksmithing and the likes. I should do three things:
-expand making products like hooks
-go back to making knives, I was pretty much almost there where you could sell a knife for more than 100€, and then switched to blacksmithing. I should not stop there.
-offer courses to blacksmith their own knife
-take orders for blacksmithing, custom orders like the tripod I made et cetera

Thats it for today! I ll read now and then do the cold shower

2 Likes

15.05. Morning 7:08am

Jogging: :white_check_mark: (cycling)
warm water on empty stomach: no
back exercises: :white_check_mark: (100)
Stretching: :white_check_mark: (1:30min)
cleaned up my room in the evening: no
Meditation: :white_check_mark: (7min)

Today someone invited me to her birthday. She is much older than me and I dont really like her but she is organizing many things and it doesnt hurt to socialize, maybe it will be interesting. Besides, I dont want to break promises. I want to be a reliable, strong, man who loves others and wishes them well. Thats my ideal character so I ll persue it. I also keep all promises I make. I promised by accident yesterday that I wouldnt go on youtube or surf the internet unless its for writing in the journal for the whole day today and I will stick with it, I promised it. Now that I meditated I will contemplate my vision for my future, my ideal life, I need it urgently because I dont have a vision at the moment, only vague wishes.

2 Likes

16.05. 7:22am

Stretching: :white_check_mark: (1:30min)
Meditation: :white_check_mark: (4min)

I still had the draft form this morning open now that I return. Its 2pm now. The steel for the order that came to me arrived! I drilled all 48 holes successfully and accurately. Tomorrow I will grind a chamfer for welding and then weld it. Then I have to apply something to prevent corrosion and then I ll notify the customer that his order is completed :smiley: Finally Im making something real

2 Likes

17.05. 7:23am

pullups: :white_check_mark: (10 consecutively!)
back exercises: :white_check_mark: (50)
Stretching: :white_check_mark: (1min)
Meditation: :white_check_mark: (3min)
Stretching for better back posture: :white_check_mark: (2min)

Today I will grind the chamfer and weld the pieces, then they are ready to be protected against corrosion :smiley: I had urges from time to time but I dont like to give them enough attention to even mention them. I have different life situations like the time working or the time in the morning when Im writing on the laptop etc. So I tell myself the rule: urges yeah sure, but not during the morning and not at work. And not during the evening. In the end there is no time left for the urges to control me ;-D

3 Likes

Hooray! Someone said he wants to order ten! Its the first real order from the internet

4 Likes

18.05. 7:04am

back exercises: :white_check_mark: (70)
Stretching: :white_check_mark: (1:40min)
Meditation: :white_check_mark: (3min)
Stretching for better back posture: :white_check_mark: (3min)

Yesterday I welded the pieces together and they are all done, I can start polishing unclean parts up today and make a strength test. I ll test all of them. Then I ll coat them against corrosion and give them to the customer :smiley: Im so happy

2 Likes

19.05. 7:15am

Getting up at 6am: no! I actually woke up at 5:30am and then thought ah I ll go back to bed and then overslept the alarm until 6:38. Haha
pullups: :white_check_mark: (13 consecutively!)
Stretching: no, only very short
Meditation: :maybe 30 seconds just for the habit

The strength test was interesting: all withstood but one just broke in half! haha. I welded it again and its just as stable as the others now. I applied corrosion protection and today I will color it black. Then the order is done.

My cleaning up habits are terrible, if I didnt have the one in the evening there would be chaos in my room. Still, I rarely mop the floor and yesterday evening I promised my partner I would do it today. Well okay I will.

Edit: I did it and I feel much more comfortable now. I have one rule also: tisch clean which means table: clean! Never have anything else on the table but that what I need at the moment. A big, nearly empty table is very calming.

3 Likes

I’ve been reading strength of materials now a days, reading your diary feels like a kind of revision of concepts :joy:.

hell yeah

1 Like

warm water on empty stomach: :white_check_mark:
pushups: no (sprained wrist)
pullups: :white_check_mark: (5)
back exercises: :white_check_mark: (80)
Stretching: :white_check_mark: (1min30s)
Meditation: :white_check_mark: (5min)

I should see a doctor for my sprained wrist, I thought it would get better on its own and it keeps hurting. No pushups possible in this condition but I dont think thats a bad thing, taking two weeks off the pushup program is probably favorable for strength because I was overdoing it before. I ll send a picture today if I remember to do it of the working Im doing :smiley:

If anyone of you wants to race me in your free time, lets play on typeracer or monkeytype where we each have to type a sentence as quickly as possible, Im very quick ;D

2 Likes

If there’s excessive swelling go see a doctor, otherwise it takes atleast 2-3 days maybe upto a week for the pain to decrease a bit in sprained area.

1 Like