Your thoughts on this scenario

Kindly comment on this post

This happened with me

Me and some friends were discussing about PMO it was a general discussion not about anyone in specific

One of my friend had the thought process of how mastarbation is normal and how he regularly faps and it’s actually healthy and good he is not aware whats gonna or has already messed up with him one other friend was against it but didn’t have valid points as to why it shouldn’t be done and how he faps but it happens rarely

Now i consider that i have improved some in these years not completely rebooted but pretty aware of how it has affected me but as I have made some progress talking about it made me uncomfortable and this scenario came suddenly not something I was prepared for so i completely denied of doing such a thing

But later I felt little guilt of not being honest atleast partially i couldn’t have said some points I had about what I feel ,i also had some good points but that just would have opened up more questions and topic would have been on for some time then, but later I felt little bad

What would you have done?

3 Likes

Would have done nothing honestly. One of the rules of self improvement, is that it is almost impossible to convert real life friends into self improvement. Trust me, I fantasize about trying to convert my friends into good habits and self improvement probably hundreds of times more than I fantasize about ■■■■.

3 Likes

I think it is not easy to be completely honest about one’s own addiction and problem with such a topic, I can totally relate. Especially as ■■■■ addiction is not so well known in society, and people might start thinking bad things. But from the book “Dopamine Nation”, which is about addiction mechanisms ans treatment, there is also a chapter about honesty and prosocial shaming, and how important it is for recovery. However, as prosocial shaming is not necessarily a typical reaction, often more antisocial shaming is happening, making it even more so, that we do not want to talk about it, even when we are already far in the recovery process.

In terms of the discussion, my opnion is differentiated. We are humans and have a sexuality, so engaging in sexuality (may it be only masturbation on your own or even watching ■■■■) is not per se problematic. It is mainly a compulsive disorder behavior that makes it problematic (although I also think that ■■■■ as a super stimuli may often lead to addiction and therefore could be regarded as a little bit dangerous).

2 Likes

Tell him to practice no PMO for 30 days and see the results for himself. If he keeps failing, tell him that the very essence (semen) which makes him a man is the very thing he can’t even save.

Tell him that he can’t even control himself how will he face the world.

1 Like

I think he might not be ready for this he is very casual about the whole thing he does keep saying he has anxiety issues but he has not related it to his compulsive behaviour yet

2 Likes

Ok, no need to force others but if he ever talks shit about PMO being not harmful, convey him these words.

It’s almost like a duty for us to drag our brothers into good stuff but at the end, it’s better we don’t force them and let the most strict teacher aka TIME teach the lesson to them.

2 Likes

Definitely will read that book thanks

1 Like

Well if i would have been there it would have made me uncomfortable too especially because the mind picks up these things subconsciously like that guy saying fapping is normal and it would keep coming to my mind later on. Yes you could have said about some points because I incur from this info that your friend really lacks awareness which i did back in the past. But dont think much about it and just move on and if you want to tell then do it…dont be confused or keep thinking about it as its not that much of a big deal as long as you dont agree with him

2 Likes