"With many strokes, a large tree is felled."

The title of this post comes from a Japanese proverb. I think it’s relevant to nofap, not because it refers to ‘many strokes,’ pun unintended, but because beating an addiction can surmount to something like a large tree. And each clean day is like the stroke of an axe bringing that large tree down.

I’ve had to examine my reasons for doing this in the first place. Because last night I nearly gave in to an urge. I had just gotten ignored by a girl I was trying to talk to, and I thought to myself, why even try. Like what even is the point?

But then me doing nofap is about more than just trying to attract women. It’s about taking care of myself and being gentle with my body. So it shouldn’t matter if there are “benefits” of women being more attracted to you. That’s not what nofap is about.

It’s about overcoming a compulsion or addiction. Don’t be swayed by the whole broscience benefit paradigm. Do it to be free.

I’m on day 11.

-Shared from Rewire Companion app

3 Likes

You’re right, the benefits of nofap are far more and greater than we can imagine. It can bring rock-solid confidence, crystal clear mind, charming face, masculinity, and many more. After some time you will not be ignored but they will be attracted by you. Wish you can bring this large tree of addiction down :muscle:t2:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.