Why do we keep falling in the same pit again and again?

I am currently facing this and have seen a lot of fellow companions face this. Its not like they are not working hard. But still Why is this coming back again and again? Can someone answer this ? We have discussed about our no fap streaks and urges in person and over call ! So should we stop discussing about this completely ??

3 Likes

Bro that’s why it’s called an addiction , cause despite knowing it’s bad effects we keep on falling for it . We know it’s worst but still we feels our good lies in that worst only.

2 Likes

I agree with @madhavbansal Otherterms, by giving execuses and convince ourselves with those lies

2 Likes

I would say we keep fall back as long as we haven’t removed the reason why we need a drug.
As long as we use will power and ignore the root of the problem we will relapse

4 Likes

Why do we keep falling? I had seen many fall, and I had seen legends during the years…some companions are already far beyond their 1000th day and why?
In my case, years of falling again and again had teach me only one lesson: success is like sleep.

If I really want success all I need is to want it more then the need to sleep - and strive for it. Success is not that simple success is your destiny, and as such It must to become a new burning desire - to give that one shoot and develop the ability to go all the way forward until the end.

Success must become a burning passion for it is the heroes destiny - and this passion must consume you in order for you to finally climb out of that pit into the light - you will never be the same as you used to be before.

3 Likes

Even if we have our eyes vision 20/20, don’t we become blind once lights turned off?
This analogy is similar to the situation when one is addicted to something and the desire of pleasure chases him/her. He/she becomes blind and moves his/her hands here and there in the hope to find a candle/matchstick/lighter! But alas! In meantime lots of damage already done.

What do we need?
Either night vision(control on senses) or a sense of your room(know thyself) or keep the candles etc well arranged(plan B ready if urges comes so that you don’t fall) so that you don’t cause damage to yourself at least.
There is another way too, keep calm until lights are on!

All the best.

Regards
JumpingBuddha

4 Likes