Which is worse?

1. Relapsing once after a small progress?,
    Or relapsing multiple times after long progress?
1 Like

All relapses are the worst thing you could ever do.

Every single relapse destroys our self-confidence and reinforces the false belief that we can never quit. We’re telling ourselves that we’re sacrificing something by letting go of PMO.

You never know long it will take you to bounce back from a relapse. You could get right back on track and begin your lifetime streak, or you could flounder around for months, barely able to reach 3 days clean. A single relapse could knock back your progress 6 months.

The idea that relapses are part of the process is a lie. Relapses have nothing good in them. Each one of us has free will. We could all have quit the addiction the first time we said Never again. The problem is we didn’t fully appreciate our freedom, and believed the addiction was stronger than us. People say that they learn from their relapses. There are an infinite number of ways to relapse. We can spend our whole lives learning from relapses and still remain addicted.

You have seen it here on this forum. One guy will relapse after 5 days and say, New start, and start his journey again, struggling again and again, unable to pass a week. Another guy will relapse after 180 days and drown in PMO, binging for many months. They are both addicted. They are as bad as each other. To each guy, his addiction is the worst thing in his life.

The best decision we can all make as addicts is to quit the addiction permanently and never look back. To remember our free will and choose to simply live as people who will never PMO again.

5 Likes

It actually is. But there’s a condition.

It is a part of the process for those who will sometime in future quit permanently.

We can’t be wandering in this abyss our whole lives trying to “learn”

3 Likes

If you want to compare,

There’s a different level of psychological damage after relapsing at end of a long streak.

Because you made a progress and just when it looked like you are free, the relapse comes as some sort of destiny, and it feels like you just delayed the inevitable.

When I broke my 132 day streak this month I got damaged to the point of thinking “If we are gonna relapse at some point no matter how big our streak is, what’s the point of fighting” ?

I did comeback with a 9 day streak but again fell in a loop. But as of now, I know with so much clarity that relapse has never benefitted me in any way and also each time I did, it only had negative impact in my life.

So I have clarity now that relapse doesn’t benefits me in any way and now I want to apply this knowledge.

4 Likes