What is Brahamacharya?

I just wanted to clarify that brahmacharya doesn’t mean that you have to be celibate for your entire life.
Brahmacharya literally means “Brahma” which means GOD and “Charya” which means behaviour or routine.
God is never attached to anybody yet take care of all of us, he does not have to work but he work to preserve us and work can never come through sitting idle so brahmacharya also means excitement, enthusiasm. Self control also comes under brahmacharya.
Shrila Prabhupada, an indian saint and devotee of Shri Krishna once said that every man should be brahmachari. By this he meant that we should regulate our sexual practices because everyone cannot be a celibate if they want to propagate their race.
Paramhamsa Yogananda in his book wrote that his parents used to sleep together only once a year but they had immense love and devotion for each other and also had children.
Semen retention is not the only reason to be a brahmachari but a good character cannot come without self control. Thoughts, words and gestures are also actions therefore we must learn how to take charge of them. There is a saying that the action is already done once the seed of thought is sown.
And semen retention doesn’t happen without spiritual and yogic practices.
Before being married one must follow brahmacharya firmly to acquire knowledge, skills and self control, because it is all about character if everything goes down but you have character, you can build it all over again. And after marriage you can regulate your sexual practices.
The reason behind this post was that i felt like people read something about it and interpreted it wrong and they took it to a level that they do not know themselves.
I am not a prude i just shared what i read, listened and understood in a hope that it will help to bust several myths and misconceptions.
You guys are free to share and discuss what you think and questions are always welcome.
Thank You

2 Likes

True. I heard some idiots saying Brahmacharis don’t respects women. Oh bhai. Brahmachari gives the maximum respect to woman. He sees them as his sister or mother. What respect you guys want for women? To be seen as a whore? Or with lust?.

Bhramacharya is totally different from NoFap. As in Brahmacharya its not allowed even to think about Women with lust. Waking up at 3-4 am. (Brahma Muhurat). And performing prayers to God. Doing his all chores.

3 Likes

Lakshman ji was a married man and Hanuman ji was a brahmchari.
When it was asked by sugriv army to lakshman tell me how she look. He said I don’t know because I never saw her above her feet.:pray::pray:
This was the devotion and limit of a married man.
And when Hanuman ji went to Lanka he saw every woman , lying, half naked sleeping ,saw everyone behind trees .and when he saw mandodari he said she may be sita Mata but still she has somewhat imperfection. Because he knew sita Mata must be perfect . And when he saw Mata sita he immediately realised she is sita Mata. And saw her beauty and felt very happy. Then he turned small to not scare mataji. And gave her ring of God Rama. :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::pray::pray::pray::pray:
So the thing is
Brahmchari like Hanuman saw every woman whereas married person like lakshman didn’t even saw her above her feet.
So the thing is a brahmchari person can go to any limit for god.
But is not controlled by lust in any manner.

3 Likes

True. I heard about a Yogi who converted a Prostitute to a good Lady. Prostitute came naked to him to seduce. Idr that Yogis name.

2 Likes

He was a disciple of buddha …he and his disciples came to a village while they were on their way to preach buddhism and since it was night time, all disciples stayed at different people’s home and one of them went into a prostitute’s home…all the villagers thought that he won’t be pious anymore but next day the prostitute herself became a nun.

1 Like

I hope you are not talking about the story of Vishwamitra and Menaka, because its a similar story except for the fact that Menaka was an Apsara and not a prostitute, and two ended up falling in love with each other. There are also similar stories about different sages and apsaras. Then the story of Buddha and Amrapali is also there.
A good post bro @Ishant16 .

2 Likes

No no, am not talking about sage Vishwamitra because it is a buddhist story and also Menaka was sent by Indra and he (Vishwamitra) didn’t visit any village …thanks for the appreciation though😊

1 Like

No man, I wasn’t saying that in reply to your post. I was asking that from @Mahesh27_03 , because the way he described it, it sounded similar to the story. And I have also mentioned about one similar story from life of Buddha.

2 Likes

Got it…:metal:

1 Like

No i was not talking abt vishwamitra ji

2 Likes