What do u do for relaxing and entertainment?

Getting straight to the point
What are things u do to relax at the end of the day
Or during ur breaks from study or work

While i think about it
The only things i can come up with is series/ anime/ games/ youtube
Thats all
So i would love to know what and all u do so that i can try a few of those

Tagging few people whom i know

@Amitroghates @Binocular @iNeverGiveup420 @The_Rising_One @prince_king @Nadeem @_TIGER @The_integrous_one @VAGABOND

9 Likes

I see cricket scores, some news. I used to read books when that book reading challenge was active.

4 Likes

Streaming movies, doing martial arts, talking on phone, texting

4 Likes

As you have tagged me, I have to answer. I watch Labour Law Advisors youtube video at the end of day usually for gaining knowledge of taxation and income tax return. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

When I am at work nothing relaxes me more than a good gym session along with blasting music.
I also play table tennis here sometimes or take a walk with some friend. While at home I like playing guitar, or playing basketball, maybe watch a movie with family. I also explore insta explore page sometimes but that has become more source of sadness than relaxing now a days because of a lot of reels relate to love/heartbreak. I also rarely watch some standup comedy or one episode of some sitcom when I need cheering up.

3 Likes

Well if it’s my exams then I relax by taking study breaks…like going for a walk …talking to someone…looking at sky or trees …having a cup of tea…
Lunch and dinners breaks are also something to look forward to during hectic study sessions…it’s pretty damn relaxing…
And best of all, to relax I look forward to sleeping.
Plus comedy video on YouTube , self improvement videos from famous people on YT like Sandeep sir or another person. Motivational videos .

I’ll advise against movies, series , animes and social media scrolling as study breaks tend to never end with these and as it is also dangerous for noPMO journey.

3 Likes

What I like to do is I pull up some of my favorite songs and just vibe, especially when I study. Sometimes I read my favorite book series, called Wolves of the Beyond, I love watching NCIS, and I like taking a walk at the dog park near my house. Sometimes, you find your confidence and comfort in places of beauty.

2 Likes

I make myself something when I get free time, it’s relaxing and eating it while watching a series is the best comfort for me.

2 Likes

As you see it varies from someone to another
Because everyone live his own unique life
So you got to find what entertain you during your free time
But remember that your entertainment no matter what it is shouldn’t oppose with your benefits
Which means don’t make something entertain you or relax you but at the same time it can lead you to relapse or make you lazier
If you wanna my advice , try to find a hobby that seems interesting to you and do it in your free time rather than following a series or whatever on mobile
( in my condition i love reading books , sitting with my family, playing with them , taking a walk , fixing something broken in the house , etc…)
And i don’t mean by saying this that you need to get completely away from technology and social media
No
You can do whatever you want from these but in limited use so that it doesn’t control you ( you need to be the one in control of your time , not what you do that controls you by urging you to do more of it instead of doing another duties on you )
So i advice you to attract yourself to something practical and will benefit you in the life more than watching a stupid movie or anime

2 Likes

These days I don’t do much other than studying. During free time , I generate ideas regarding anime so that it has less loopholes as possible.

Or I’ll play some video games. Or plan to watch a movie / anime so that I can learn how dialogues of a character are made in a particular situation at the same time enjoying it.

3 Likes

Playing with my piano. He’s my best friend.

2 Likes

I’ve been getting into reading manga, and a couple self development books I got on different aspects of Japanese culture that can be beneficial to meditate on.

1. Box of Light by Seiko Erisawa (Manga)
  2. Omoiyari by Erin Niimi Longhurst
  3. A little Book of Japanese Contentments (Ikigai, Forest Bathing, Wabi-Sabi, and More) by Erin Niimi Longhurst
3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.