Wet dreams (during long nofap)

(Probably this topic has been beaten to death already).

I just want to know how you guys experience wet dreams during long NoFap streaks?

Does it decrease your energy similar to fapping?

Do you feel any differently when you wake up?

Does it make you sleep more soundly and wake up more refreshed?

Do you find ways to actually prevent them?
Do you punish yourself for having “wet dreams”

If yes, why?

I want to know the responses.

1 Like

Answering only for myself:
I just want to know how you guys experience wet dreams during long NoFap streaks?
Yes

Does it decrease your energy similar to fapping?
No (except perhaps on rare occasions, and not as much as fapping)

Do you feel any differently when you wake up?
No

Does it make you sleep more soundly and wake up more refreshed?
Haven’t noticed any difference myself

Do you find ways to actually prevent them?
Not exactly, though being less exposed to explicit content likely has an effect. Also I have noticed they are timed more across cycles of emotional changes/release for me, but I feel no need to actively control that

Do you punish yourself for having “wet dreams”
Hell no. Why would I?

5 Likes

I dont give a shit about Wet dreams…
In my last high streaks i had not had a single wet dream.
Last streaks were of 51 & 35 days.

Wet dream is not under your control. So forget about it and move on with your streak.

4 Likes

True.

These are the responses I’m looking for. These kinds of experiences are anecdotal but im interested in hearing them.

Some people are too hard on themselves to the point of resetting their streak when they have a wet dream. Its natural.

3 Likes

I have multiple wet dreams sometimes in long run. I wake up instantly after a wetdream. It doesn’t have same effect as fapping.
All the feeling, mood, sleep or guilt/punishment depends on what kind of dream I was experiencing or was I directly responsible for it.
It’s natural gateway, but can be avoided if we abstain from edging/peeking or any thoughts specially before sleeping. Also some health habits affects it. Most importantly, never give in chaser effect after.

2 Likes

I just ignore semen loss when it happens during a wet dream, as according to Shivananda(A Indian monk who lived his whole life as a bhramachari) there’s very less energy loss during wet dream as compared to a normal ejaculation.
You need to practice meditation as it helped me a lot
Need to do daily exercises, so that the extra heat is released from the body
Take a cold shower twice a day, in the morning and before going to bed,
Drink at least 5 liters of water daily

1 Like