Undone Diary (Rewiring in progress)

Happy Turkey day if you celebrate it

So for most people with wifi routers, if you enter you wifi routers IP address into a web browser (which you should do at least once if for no other reason than to set up a password so no one else can access it after you and give themselves admin permissions) you can access options to block websites and keywords when doing internet searches so certain internet traffic is filtered out at the gateway before it ever reaches your user client. This is an amazing tool, I live with my mom and her gateway is controlled via her ISP app so I can’t take advantage of this feature on my own volition, however there are free keyword blocker and webpage blocker extensions for various browsers I have implemented in case I search for something stupid without thinking about it properly.

pmo is not a problem, it is a symptom of a problem. I need to figure out how to fill the void so it doesn’t eat away at me but in the mean time I have set up fences

Finishing school applications right now. Also, the horse stance is a fantastic exercise in both mental resilience, and physical endurance and balance. Just pivot your toes out 45 degrees so they line up with your knees on the bend so that you get to keep you knees later in life, knee surgeries are no joke, they can only do them about twice I think.

Heard something about the subconscious mind that’s pretty cool, so apparently the subconscious is goal oriented towards primal emotions. That means that it will find solutions to problems related to basic emotions and even work on finding solutions without any conscious effort so long as it has an outcome in mind. This can work for or against people because like lets say you want to learn a new skill for more money, money doesn’t really mean anything to your subconscious so it doesn’t really care about money per say, but if you want more money for more security and the happiness that security will bring you then you can engage your whole brain on the task because the subconscious does understand security and happiness. Or if you want to avoid a behavior because you understand the pain and suffering caused by the behavior and also the happiness you can experience by avoiding the pain and suffering then your whole brain will be more inclined to work towards avoiding that behavior. Basically the higher parts of your brain can think about things the lower parts don’t care about or understand, so getting in tune with the lower parts vocabulary restrictions will help you get that lower part working with you in the background of your awareness.

Today went pretty well. getting pretty strong urges at this point but I’m keeping myself away from that nonsense. I appreciate that my situation is my own fault and that going backwards will only keep me in chains. I am trying to avoid being prideful though it’s usually a warning sign that I’m about to mess myself up. Like a line from Beginning of the End by All good things: “calm before the storm, pride before the fall” God help me it usually goes that way lol

These last few months have been interesting to say the least. I think when trying to improve our situation in life we are actively seeking out change. Reflecting back over longer periods, even just thinking about previous 2-3 months, you can take note of multiple times and have real evidence for the change taking place in your life. It can be cathartic to do so every now and then, because living moment by moment the changes are harder to see.

1 Like