Ultimate Spiritual Diary

Body consciousness v/s soul consciousness

The root of PMO boils down to perspective. How we are seeing the people as a whole. PMO starts from the point when we start seeing females not as personality or souls but bodies, which slowly turns to focusing on the body parts and pleasure that’s derived from sensation. This ultimately boils down to the point when we see a woman, objectify as a body, and relate to whatever ■■■■ we like. Whatever follows next is well known. This is prime example of serious body consciousness. Things like low self esteem etc. arises from this. (We see someone and automatically become self conscious about what the other person is thinking, because we have been doing this for a while)

Soul consciousness is quite the contrary to the above, and I feel is the easiest way to reprogram your brain. We basically have to repeatedly create this thought that all of us are souls and not bodies. Each soul has been given a body be it male or female. Once we consider that, we automatically treat people on the basis of their qualities and not how they look or what they are wearing. It’s basically looking at a point of light between the forehead which is operating the body. So whenever you are talking to a female, you are basically talking to your brother. Since both of you are souls.

Now it’s easier said that done because the brain has been programmed to be body consciousness and social media earns through the promotion of body consciousness. (6 pack abs, big boobs, big butts are being glorified.) So to practice soul consciousness first look into the mirror and see yourself as a soul. You had such a wonderful childhood. You never used to masturbate when you were a 3 year old
You used to be happy and never objectified stuff.

To move towards soul consciousness, there are two things which should be done in parallel. Reboot and rewire. Rebooting means avoiding the triggers and rewiring means creating new thought patterns. New neural networks. Change the way you think about yourself. ‘i am a really strong person’, "i am a really good to be with person’. This is called positive affirmations. Do this everyday in the morning and just before sleeping because that is when our subconscious mind is the most active.

Some positive affirmations:

• ‘I’m a soul and not a body’
  • ‘I’m a pure soul and free from lust’
  • ‘God or the Supreme Soul sent me here to do extraordinary things’
  • ‘Past is past. Now I have a new life’ (Do this even if you relapse)
    You can make your own positive affirmations as well.

Stay away from guilt consciousness. Whenever we relapse, we tend to go down this hole where we feel that “now what, i already broke the streak, wouldn’t matter if i jerk off again”. This creates even more guilt and shame which decreases our emotional strength. Don’t do it.

Lastly, no amount of ■■■■ blockers etc will work if your inner self is weak.
images (1) (4)
images (1) (5)

3 Likes