Trapped at home. How to tackle urges?

I’m on my fourth day. From all the posts and stories, I understand that my actual urges haven’t even started yet. I haven’t yet reached my 1st bossfight. But I know it’s coming, sooner or later.
We know what the world is going through. I am literally trapped in my home. I can’t get out. So what to do to deal with urges? I’m not allowed to leave my apartment, and often I find myself alone, sometimes my brother to keep me company.
I have this habit of reaching out for my penis instinctively, while working, without even thinking about it. Even when I’m around people and I need to actively use a lot of willpower to stop myself No triggers, no thoughts, nothing. This is what often results in erections and relapse. It’s become an involuntary response from after all these years, I guess. How can I deal with that too?
I’ve started meditation. I try to meditate for some time as soon as I wake up. It’s been a good vibe overall. When the demons come, and I’m sure they will, I need to be ready for them with my limited resources. Open to any advice.

3 Likes

Honestly bro I was in the same situation best thing is to do exercise and cleaning. Everytime I get a urge I go on this app or I’ll do push ups.

1 Like

i’ll keep that in mind. although i feel i’m spending way too much time on the app lol. but whatever i need to quit this forever, i’ll do it. cleaning is actually a good idea i haven’t thought of. come to think of it, it can really be beneficial. thanks buddy

1 Like
  1. Work out + cold shower… If the urge is still there… Read the first four words again
  2. Meditate
  3. Read
  4. Find an active companion on this platform - talk with him
  5. Play some old video games man, let the child inside of you rise again (but don’t overdo it)
  6. Talk to you bro as much as you can
  7. Listen to your favourite music - enjoy it.
  8. If the urge is really really bad, rather go eat something not-so-healthy rather than relapsing.
  9. Set a goal. Decide you won’t relapse. Decide you’ll push through.
  10. Stay sharp and be aware.
3 Likes

@anon72572146 thanks. im going to tackle this. im sure of it
on day 6 of this streak right now. I haven’t experienced flatline yet.i know it’s coming sooner or later, so you got any tips for that? i need to be ready.

2 Likes

Good job on realizing and coming to truth with yourself. It’s key to know how you will react to future things now! But it ain’t always easier.
I struggle with it and I am embarrassed. But remembering that guilt and know I don’t want to feel it forever. Or again. Keeps my will to keep going.
You’re stronger than you think. Inch by inch

3 Likes

Only tip for flatline - don’t let it get into your head.

2 Likes

You need a change of pace. Step outside your normal routine, it really does help. Also, try rewiring yourself to do something else when you get an urge. First step is to think of a keyword that you repeat in your head when you have an urge. Over time (a month or less if you’re dedicated) you’ll find yourself instinctively thinking that keyword when you have an urge. It’s super helpful and stops you from getting carried away long enough to switch to a different task.

3 Likes

That’s actually an amazing advice… This should be known on a larger scale on this platform.
I’ll implement this advice into my own lifestyle, thank you.

2 Likes

Also bro work on your mentality. Many people have a hard time reaching 4 days, and even more haven’t even heard of NoFap.
Most experienced noFappers on this forum, I’ve seen them write that after 20-30 days, urges are not as strong, its not like urges keep increasing. Only flatline is a small spike. Stop worrying about bigger bosses ahead. Imagine this is a game. Beat this boss, get exp, weapons and loot, and eventually fight the next boss till you’re OP.
For me, flatline is a honour becuase it means I have spent sufficient time in NoFap as to give my body time to heal.
Also I’m on day 27 now and for 5 days I haven’t got any urges…feels kinda wierd…

2 Likes

I don’t think listen to favourite music is the best as that could have reminders or could not be appropriate type of muosc to keep a clean mind and thoughts.

Brain craves dopamine… He’s not doing dopamine detox but only NoPMO as far as I can tell… And by listening to music, you release some dopamine into your brain, hence the urge is less efficent…
Look, I don’t know what kind of music you’re listening to, but what you said might aswell be equal to saying “yeah don’t work out because it could have reminders of hot girls, ect.”… I mean… It’ irrelevant at the end of the day as far as I’m concerned…

1 Like

I dont know if this help you…
But i have same problem!

I masturbated approximately once a week, no feel of addiction. But this is my second day of no fap and i feel problems. It realy seems like addiction.

So, now I am home alone. I have erection at times and urges.

Simple thing that helps me is deep breath.

Maybe I will work a lot, maybe I will do yoga or run outside. If succeed, i fall asleep (for while). Maybe I will stare to this app.

But No Fap!

I must find out, if all theories are true.

1 Like

Yeah I agree, calming music or motivating music really distracted my mind today when I got urges. Also, I’ve done a dopmaine detox earlier for 2 days, before starting this streak. I stay the hell away from music videos though (You know how they are), but I’ve felt that music in itself isn’t a bad thing. I listen to some intense metal, rock or edm or some really pumping shit, that give me goosebumps and chills and that distracts me and motivates me to do some work, fight the urge more intensely and keep my streak. I think we are more urged by visuals than words or tunes. Even explicit lyrics don’t turn me on or urge me if there are no visuals. I’ll update after testing it out for some time.

2 Likes