๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿฐ ๐—Ÿ๐—ฎ๐˜€๐˜ ๐— ๐—ฎ๐—ป ๐—ฆ๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—–๐—ต๐—ฎ๐—น๐—น๐—ฒ๐—ป๐—ด๐—ฒ

35 years old male โ€ฆmy streak is 35 days so far

Yes, And I love this rule, because many times people (including me), think that since Iโ€™ve done it once, why not twice? I am having a really good feeling about this challenge

5 Likes

Added :white_check_mark:

1 Like

Yup thatโ€™s why itโ€™s important to remember to never miss twice.

โ€œFailing once, shame on you. Failing twice, shame on me.โ€

• Vegeta
3 Likes

In past, Iโ€™ve relapsed many times without having an urge, thinking that since itโ€™s been long there is no harm in peeking. And the thoughts are so quick that I am not able to identify them. Any tips?

You must remove the brainwashing of โ€œI need PMOโ€. Once you do, youโ€™ll even feel pity for those who are currently addicted to it. I advice you to read โ€œThe Easy Peasy Way To Quit ๐–ฏ๐—ˆ๐—‹๐—‡โ€ . Itโ€™s the best book for nofap and it will change your view towards this addiction. There is also a dedicated thread to it here:

2 Likes

Okay, noted. And itโ€™s been like as soon as some urge appears, I quickly give up without even fighting it๐Ÿ˜”, so that I donโ€™t waste time. What to do?

Check in for day 3 :white_check_mark:

You need awareness. James Clear in his book โ€œAtomic Habitsโ€ noted that itโ€™s very important to be ware of what you do. Stay in reality and slap and talk to yourself. You are the boss of your mind not the reverse. Here is a helpful table that I think will help you:

HOW TO CREATE A GOOD HABIT

The 1st Law Make It Obvious
1.1 Fill out the Habits Scorecard. Write down your current habits to become aware of them.
1.2 Use implementation intentions: โ€œI will [BEHAVIOR] at [TIME] in [LOCATION].โ€
1.3 Use habit stacking: โ€œAfter [CURRENT HABIT], I will [NEW HABIT].โ€
1.4 Design your environment. Make the cues of good habits obvious and visible.
The 2nd Law Make It Attractive
2.1 Use temptation bundling. Pair an action you want to do with an action you need to do.
2.2 Join a culture where your desired behavior is the normal behavior.
2.3 Create a motivational ritual. Do something you enjoy immediately before a difficult habit.
The 3rd Law Make It Easy
3.1 Reduce friction. Decrease the number of steps between you and your good habits.
3.2 Prime the environment. Prepare your environment to make future actions easier.
3.3 Master the decisive moment. Optimize the small choices that deliver outsized impact.
3.4 Use the Two-Minute Rule. Downscale your habits until they can be done in two minutes or less.
3.5 Automate your habits. Invest in technology and one time purchases that lok in future behavior.
The 4th law Make It Satisfying
4.1 Use reinforcement. Give yourself an immediate reward when you complete your habit.
4.2 Make โ€œdoing nothingโ€ enjoyable when avoiding a bad habit. Design a way to see the benefits.
4.3 Use a habit tracker. Keep track of your habits streak and donโ€™t break the chain.
4.4 Never miss twice. When you forget to do a habit, make sure to get back on track immediately.

HOW TO BREAK A BAD HABIT

Inversion Of The 1st Law Make It Invisible
โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž 1.5 โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž Reduce exposer. Remove the cues of your bad habits from your environment.
Inversion Of The 2nd Law Make It Unattractive
โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž 2.4 โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž Reframe your mindset. Highlight the benefits of avoiding your bad habits.
Inversion Of The 3rd Law Make It Difficult
โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž 3.6 โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž Increase friction. Increase the number of steps between you and your bad habits.
โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž 3.7 โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž Use a commitment device. Restrict your future choices to the ones that benefit you.
Inversion Of The 4th Law Make It Unsatisfying
โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž 4.5 โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž Get an accountability partner. Ask someone to watch your behavior.
โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž 4.6 โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž Create a habit contract. Make the costs of your bad habits public and painful.

From Atomic Habits by James Clear

4 Likes

@Binocular Thank you very much, bro. Iโ€™ll really follow what you said.

Daily check in :white_check_mark:
Streak : 4 days

1 Like

Out of likes so here: :heart:

3 Likes

Important reminder!

Based on your serial number in Scoreboard 1 you will update scoreboard 2

Checking in is with the following format:

Month X, 2024

Y/366

Check in every time you complete 1 one day.

1 Like
1 Like

Check in day 3

1 Like

January 2024
3/366

20 characters

1 Like

month 1
3/366
โ€ฆ .,โ€ฆxxx

1 Like

I relapsed. Day 0 Again

1 Like

Sure, 36 Male
Iโ€™ve been on this journey for quite some time now.

2 Likes

January 2024
4/365

Going strong

1 Like