Thoughts about counting days

Yo, I’ve got some thoughts about counting days on nofap. I wonder how helpful it is to check the counter every day, to use all this counting apps ect. Don’t you think that it’s better just to swim and not try to control so restrictively the process of healing? Of course some sort of contol is indicated but not so obsessive. Like for example setting reminder after every 30 days, or even 15, nofap should be lifestyle, not controlstyle. What do you think about it? Do you count days?

3 Likes

Agreed. Counting days can be a downer since people always want a bigger number. I think taking each day by day and not focusing too much on nofap is healthy. Nofap implies the number of days you abstain is important. When in reality that’s not the most important thing. The most important thing is making the most out of each day. Nofap should just be seen as a lifestyle imo. Being unhappy because you cannot keep a solid streak is unhealthy to mental health, but that’s just my opinion on it.

4 Likes

Don’t count the days, make the days count

4 Likes

Hello @bakiish

My personal opinion on this: counting the days is no problem, as long as it’s a byproduct. However, if looking at your current streak fills you with a feeling of shame or fear, then that’s a clear sign that there are other things you should be rather focusing on. After all, making the days “count” matters more.

1 Like