This is what I learned from Hindu text

I was a person who doesn’t believe in God at all, nor in Nofap… but when my father broke my phone, I was suffering from social media addiction… I fought with my father, I punched him!..That was me… But after a year I started reading bhagavad geeta and came to know about Nofap from a verse of bhagavad geeta… I searched more about the Hindu text… and I learned a lot from them like… How to meditate…I learned about Nofap ,in detail… In Hindu text it is written that the loss of semen is the greatest loss… whether it’s the loss of money… But the loss of semen is the greatest loss… I’ll start reading Bible soon!.. But I recommend Bhagavad Geeta to everyone as it really changed my life
Hare Krishna🙏

5 Likes

Of course bro, it’s the only thing helping me to fight the urges. Jai Sri krisna​:pray::pray::pray:

4 Likes

Jay Shri Krishna!! :pray::pray:

4 Likes

religious texts are amazing! they are like the original self improvement guides from which everything else derived from. I neither believe in God nor follow organised religion, but religious texts have made such great impacts in my life.

edit : a problem i need to solve is not knowing sanskrit. can anyone suggest a medium to learn sanskrit and be fluent in it to be able to read the original versions?

5 Likes

The best example of mind control is in Bhagvad Gita
Your body being the chariot, horses being the senses
Mind being the ropes, intelligence is the charioteer, passenger being you (atma)
Horses (senses) will try to go anywhere they want, seeking (sensual) pleasure. Only (charioteer) intelligence can control them. And thus steer your body.
This is the best model of your brain of all times. The intelligence/charioteer is what you can call your “prefrontal cortex”.

5 Likes

@Nep_12 Exactly! I think all religions and concept of god are similar metaphors, for something bigger and more specific, related directly to our lives. Understanding them properly makes a hell of a lot more difference than just taking them in the literal sense.

1 Like

We would be really happy if you share what you learnt about nofap from bhagavad gita :blush:

1 Like

The bhagavad geeta doesn’t says much about bhramacharya… But it says in it’s one verse that a person should be a bhramachari, if you wanna know what our sashtras says about bhramacharya… Watch this…

1 Like

Very True broo @snehilsiddhartha , because of bhagvatgeeta & Krishna only, I’m able to create my highest streak till now & now firmly going & Confident that I’ll win…:pray::pray:…Hare Krishna…:pray::pray:

2 Likes

Can you contribute?