This Community Isn't What I Thought It Was

I joined this community back in 2021, under the name ChristianMan, about a year after covid really hit everything hard. So people were still in their homes and tons of people were online. This community was great. There were challenges everywhere and tons of people here to support you when you fell. I loved it here. I was on this app almost religiously and I even gained the regular achievement at one point in time. I made lots of friends here and I had accountability partners who actually cared. But as time went on people started losing their mojo. I watched as all of my friends left the app like DarkViolin and @UntiltheEnd … I haven’t heard from either of them in probably a year because DarkViolin is completely gone. I used to know people here like Samaranjay and Prothekter_Adin? Idk if that was his name or not I’m just trying to remember right now. I loved all of these people… But people changed their usernames and now I know no one. And nobody knows me anymore. I was trying to be positive and still post updates here and provide motivation for others but nobody cared. I saw @Forerunner disappear for almost a year or maybe it was a year Idk, and I was hurt deeply knowing I couldn’t talk to him and that he was hurting. After a while I got bitter. I was upset that all of my friends were leaving and that this community isn’t what it used to be. So I left. I was gone for a few months and I only came back a few days ago. I made a post in my diary crying out for somebody to reach out to me and to help me but you know what I got? A heart on the post and nothing else. I had to DM somebody just to get someone to talk to and it was a longshot that he even received it. You have no idea how mad I was. Nobody even reached out to me when I was gone. That hurt. I guess any friendships I had here died. Everybody here is depressed. Nobody actually has the right mindset to quit included myself and I’m sick of it. Something needs to change. And if not for you guys then something needs to change in me. Because if I can do it then so can you. Because I’m down in the dumps just as bad as you guys. So today I’m going to figure something out. Make a plan. Focus in on what I’m about to do and why. And I’m going to be successful. We can’t let this go on anymore. I want to see you guys succeed before you leave. I’m sad that people keep leaving before any change happens. And I’m not going to leave until I change. I need to be here for you guys even if you aren’t here for me. I care about you all bc I know what you’re going through. And I’m here for you. If no one sees this then fuck it. Bc I’m going to make a difference no matter what. I’ll keep you guys posted.

26 Likes

Take care brother.!!!

10 Likes

I am sorry to hear this
I have also felt the decrease in companionship but its not as bad . I agree many people have left the forum , most of them must have got busy and moved on in their life . But there are still people to care about , struggling about the same thing as you and me . Even if people won’t follow it religiously but we remain here to help each and every one of them . New people keep coming , some of them are as dedicated as most of us . I also miss those people who used to be with us , many have changed , many moved ahead . I still try to participate as much as I can , even with new people . I would suggest we also keep working on ourself as no one ever remains with us . Even my best of the online friends have now gone silent , I barely have anyone to talk to online . But the other way around , I got to work myself alone and later make new offline friends . I can understand your pain of losing close mates , but I don’t think there’s much we can do but cherish their memories and move ahead and welcome new people .To be stronger
Prothekter Adan has been gone for long . Samaranjay changed his username to the_integrous_one , he has not left but got busy due to job and other new things .
I can feel the sense of alienation you feel , I am sorry if I didn’t recognise you earlier but if not others , I am always here . Do not feel alone
Remember to live for yourself

And I used to be NofapperAADI before , in case you remember me .

14 Likes

Yes I remember you!! It’s good to here from you bro. I guess you’re right there’s nothing I can do other than be thankful for what was. I need to focus on me and keep going! Thanks for responding bro I appreciate it.

9 Likes

Let’s be accountability partners! I have had some success with no fap with multiple streaks of 30 - 50 days but that tends to be the point in which I fail.

We can chat and encourage each other on this journey as we enter into NNN, what do you say?

7 Likes

You’re not alone bro, people come and go, not just in this forum but in real-life too. All we have in the end is to cherish the beautiful moments you spent with your closest people. I also miss @DarkViolin and @Amintrovert. I was @Sherlock221B78 before but I lost the password so I’m here in this account. If you ever feel like you have nobody to talk, feel free to text me ayy. I’m not leaving till we change!! :muscle:

10 Likes

Well, my highest streak came in 2021 of 94 days but I did came back in 2023 and my second highest streak of 87 days just ended few days ago. There’s something still positive about this community. But the domination seems to be missing and I am also going downhill now but I am trying for a comeback.

8 Likes

Brother you are getting too attached with them. The main purpose of this community is to get out of the addiction. And many people after achieving it, leaves the community. Some decides to stay and visit occasionally.

This is applicable to almost everywhere in life. People will come and go in your life. Most are there for some reason. This doesn’t mean any of you didn’t have any connection, but it’s important to know most of the people won’t be able to stay for long. Only some of your family and close friends will be able to stay with you.
This is an online community, I feel those who left did get out of this pmo loop which they were supposed to do. I wish if any of the member comes back, they come voluntary and not with a need.
I always feel we should admire people around us but don’t get too attached with them such that it starts hurting us in their absence.

9 Likes

Yeah I agree with you. I appreciate you for responding. Thank you.

6 Likes

Yessir. Let’s get that comeback my friend!!

6 Likes

I’m glad I’m not alone in this man. Thank you for responding I’d love to chat. And yes I remember your previous account. I think I remember when you joined lol :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Yes for sure! I’d love to stay in touch!

4 Likes

See , you are not alone

6 Likes

While I do miss the companionship of old (which was even greater in times before you had even heard of this app) I simply remember this conversation from LoTR.

“I wish it need not have happened in my time,” said Frodo.
“So do I,” said Gandalf, “and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”

10 Likes

@Finding_Myself
Hey bro,
Sorry to hear that when you needed help nobody helped.
Tbh I think if you categorise it correctly like Need Advice or Find a companion, definitely someone or me, myself definitely help you. I rarely read people’s diary.
Talking about other people they got busy in their life but occasionally or randomly they visit this forum especially Forerunner.
He is very great guy since day 1, I saw him when he joined this forum.

Anyway How’s everything??

Hope you remember me. It’s me Adioz…
I wish everything will be fine with you.

9 Likes

Things are fine rn. Not great, not terrible. I’m making it.

5 Likes

I can indentify with your pain.
I feel lonely a little bit in this forum.
In my topic the people motivate me and react to my post sometimes and I appreciate it.
But I do not have a lot of friends in real life maybe 1, I feel lonely
In this forum there are only 2 people who speak with me sometimes but I am glad that at least they are
And nowadays I stuck at day 0 and day 1 which means I am totally relapsed, and I have probelms in life.

6 Likes

I feel you bro. I understand your situation completely.

5 Likes

Perhaps, I’ve talked to you @ChristianMan in 2021, there was this challenge based on beating your old streak and I remember it properly because it was that thing, that worked well for me. And I had the highest streak then. Those were some really good days

6 Likes

Last time I talked to him he was about to have some surgery and since then he’s not active :sob:

Online friendships can be depressing sometimes

8 Likes