The psyduck squad

I am just going to put this out here. Being simply here and checking out posts is not helping me. So I am going to put in a task everyday that I will do… If anyone wants to join, please do. I do not want to be afaird of real people and I do not want them to think of me as a creep.

Will endeavour to relate it to the problems that this addiction brings.

Today’s Task - Talk to a member of the gender that you are attractd to without sexualising anything he/she says or does.
1). It must be a person you are attracted to in reality.
2). If you find yourself looking at their body or imagining anything sexual stop and rewire.
3). Time is 15 minutes. If they start to walk away then you must talk to another such person until the time limit of 15 minutes is over.
4). You have to consciously make an effort not to do things that carry sexual connotations (hair flips, touching, biting lips, or weird sounds etc.) even if the opportunity presents but keep them interested and invested simply by the content of the talk.

PSYDUCCKKKKKKKKKK!

1 Like

Task 2 : 2 hours of reading anything but newspaper. Does not include breaks.

3 Likes

Congratulations my beloved for your initiative. I’m proud of you. :up::grin::heart:

1 Like

Thank you Marcio! Much love.

1 Like

So I did talk to someone
And she’s aware of my feelings, we speak on that openly. She’s taken tho. And today I saw this post. I guess I did it very well
We did talk much longer than 15 mins😶

3 Likes

That is awesome! And yeah you did well. I got so awkward yesterday and suddenly I just realised at night that I had talked to someone for 15 minutes.

I particularly like that you mentioned you guys are open about your feelings. I am sure I will not date this person too (due to different ideas and values) but it felt nice to talk to someone without sexualising everything.

1 Like

Oh you got no idea. I really wish she wasn’t taken. She’s married, or else I wouldn’t have hesitated to take her away from the other guy. It’s like, someone has a crush - and then he talks about her to his best buddy and his best buddy would help him either to get her or if things go bad - to forget her. She’s doing the role of both, being my crush and being the best buddy. Maybe it’s the age difference. She knows how young people have got hormonal problems but dude all her genuine concern about me makes me love her even more. It’s more than just hormones. I really appreciate her for the kind of person she has been to me. Everytime I fall into trouble I can go to her. Although I mostly avoid her cuz that’s not how I should be, but I didn’t really care yesterday and talked to her all the way. Kinda regret that now. I should be away from her. She’s one of a kind.

1 Like

People like that are rare and in the end life is nothing but experiences gathered over a period of time. I am glad you came across someone who made and still makes you feel all that. But I also hope you take care of yourself and do not get hurt in the process. How the regime going here ? Hope you are staying strong.

Couldn’t help but comment on this beautiful thread filled with such high breed of men. I’m on my 24th day and here’s the thing. I started this to forget someone I love to the ends of the universe and back. She always told me I wasn’t her type and I got that but recently, after I found out that she started dating someone else, my whole life crumbled before me. I couldn’t contain the hurt. She is a great friend but now I’ve distanced myself from talking to her and in turn thinking about her. And that includes not thinking about her sexually too and so I installed this app to help me in that pursuit. Because her image would float before me everytime I touched myself and I had to remind myself that she isn’t mine to love or have or sexualise over. It’s war in my head but I’m taking one day at a time. Meditation, workout, listening to music, reading. These have been my partners for the last month or so. I don’t even have words to express how broken I am. But by choosing nofap, I am certain that I took a step in the right direction. More power to all my lads out there who are working on themselves. Cheers to all!

1 Like

I understand it. I have come to realise that I cannot express my pain in words but when in the morning I have a dream about that one person, I simply hold myself and cry. It’s like I am strong all day and night but that very moment the world crumbles and all my walls fall when nobody looks. But then I remember I should not do so, not only because it is improper for me to imagine but also because it is harmful for my body. We are not here to simply defeat our demons, we are here to become divinity!

My love to you. I think you are right not to think about her that way. It will only agonise you further. One day you will look back and lo and behold! Those intense passionate feelings will be played by a reassuring smile of memories and you will know it’s past you!

3 Likes

Task 3: Forgive me! I was giving an exam.

Okay so today we have to dance to three songs. Does not matter where, when and how (Close all curtains and do it in the room if you are shy, but it must be for the entire duration of the songs). Dance like a free bird while taking care none of your moves are too ‘sexual’ even when alone.

Fellow PSYDUSK: Task 4 : Forgive yourself for that one horrible mistake you made ages ago.

1 Like

Task 5: Do something good to and for yourself.

Life is Beautiful! There’s a canvas in front of you, use the right colors, don’t give up that brush, your identity flourishes, your originality shines through. Long live a boy, smile, dance in the rain, the colors are moving in the city, the darkness no longer predominates.:heart::sun_behind_large_cloud:

1 Like

Task 6: Dress well today.

Wear something that looks good on you and dress well. Wear makeup/gel or use cosmetics if you have to but you must carry the dress well and not slouch or act nervous about your body. If you are in need of haircut, shaving or something, get it done or get the tools to do it. If quarantine has got you down, then do all that you can do by yourself. Wear a nice fragrance and clean clothing. If someone looks at you let them and walk confidently. Act secure.

Do this for the atleast 5 hours continuously, does not matter if you are at home/job. Wear clothes according to the place. Does not matter if you have only one shorts and a shirt. Wear it well.

1 Like