The Greatest want of the World

I think it would be an awesome idea for us all to post inspirational quotes that would help us on the path upwards, kinda like the story/letter @David.Copperfield posted. Anyway here’s mine

The greatest want of the world is the want of men - men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall.

5 Likes

I want to be such a man. Day 0

3 Likes

I’ve got one for you:

It’s better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a battlefield.

This is a Japanese proverb that fits our world today. We face a foe that is accepted in all forms. We are the warriors and when we’ve fallen we are the gardeners.

2 Likes

Here is another one, that hit me today

Of all the lessons to be learned from our Lord’s first great temptation none is more important than that bearing upon the control of the appetites and passions. In all ages, temptations appealing to the physical nature have been most effectual in corrupting and degrading mankind. Through intemperance, Satan works to destroy the mental and moral powers that God gave to man as a priceless endowment. Thus it becomes impossible for men to appreciate things of eternal worth. Through sensual indulgence, Satan seeks to blot from the soul every trace of likeness to God.

2 Likes