Suggest me two books

Suggest me two books which can help me.
I want a book which deals with our fears and how to deal with it.

3 Likes

Bhagwad Geeta is enough

5 Likes

I’ve been reading ‘Freedom model for addictions - escape the recovery trap’ which is slowly helping me realise I have full control.

The author also suggests reading Viktor Frankl ‘Man’s search for meaning’ which will be a good read.

2 Likes

I suggest you a popular book ‘Atomic Habits’.
It is very popular, you can give a try.
I could not find it too helpful but it was interesting tough.

Another “book” is called EasyPeasy. Very popular in this forum. You can read it on the internet, it is free.

2 Likes

“Dopamine Nation” by Dr. Anna Lembke, great book about addiction mechanism and the role of dopamine and how to overcome any addiction.

“Mindset: The new psychology of success” by Carol Dweck, great book about growth mindset and how we inhibit ourself often by having fixed mindsets.

“The Self-Sabotage Behavior Workbook” by Dr. Candice, discusses how we self sabotage us and therefore do not live to our own full potentials, discusses fear of failure etc. and is very interactive workbook style, almost like some kind of self therapy.

1 Like

There’s only one man coming to my mind rn “david goggins”. He takes enough risks to become successful in life, so you can read “can’t hurt me”

4 Likes

There is an amazing book series I read Everytime I need a break from the world or when I need some hope. It’s fiction, but it is still good. It’s called The Wolves of The Beyond. It’s created by Kathryn Lasky, the author of The Guardians of Gahoole, and her way of describing and storytelling is so good! Look it up at your library or audiobooks, I recommend that. Although it may not deal with fear directly, it has themes of facing evil and keeping hope alive.

3 Likes

not a book but you should check out the guard your eyes webiste they have a lot videos that can help you

2 Likes

Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom
The War of Art by Steven Pressfield

You can mail me and I will send you the soft copies.

2 Likes

Srimad Bhagavad Gita

6 Likes

Certainly! Here are two books that can help you with dealing with fears:

1. “Feel the Fear… and Do It Anyway” by Susan Jeffers: This book explores the concept of fear and provides practical strategies for overcoming it. It offers insights into how fear holds us back and offers techniques for confronting and managing our fears to live a more fulfilling life.

2. “The Gift of Fear: Survival Signals That Protect Us from Violence” by Gavin de Becker: While this book focuses more on the instinctual fears related to personal safety, it also delves into the broader topic of fear. De Becker discusses how fear is a natural and valuable instinct that can help us stay safe, and provides guidance on how to trust our intuition and manage fear effectively.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.