Study Challenge Tips to make it more Engaging

Just my suggestion. How about incorporating Cricket in Studies. For eg , if there are 6 participants , divide then into 2 teams A and B and members A1,A2,A3 and B1, B2 and B3respectively.

One will choose to bat and other will choose to bowl. Let team A bat and team B bowl. There are 20 overs in a match. 20 overs i meant 20 days. Every single day is 1 over in a match.

Total runs scored by the batsman = ( Total number of study hours of A1,A2,A3 ) - 0.5 * ( Total no. of study hours by B1 , B2 and B3 ). Both batsman and the bowler have to study atleast 4 hours a day.

If a batsman fails to study 4 hours they will lose 1 wicket out of 10 wickets. But still the batsman who have lost the wicket can play next day too.

If the bowler fails to study 4 hours , then its a no ball. In case of no ball , the opposing team will not lose wicket the next day ( If they lose any ) and that score will also be added to the scoreboard

Decimal values less than 0.5 will be rounded off to lower number and decimal values equal and greater than 0.5 will be rounded off to upper number

Also participant who havent updated that day will will contribute 0 runs

2 Likes

If you are ok with this idea , lets extend this idea further

If A team choose to bat then

A1 ( BAT ) VS B1 ( BOWL )
A2 ( BAT ) VS B2 ( BOWL )

If A1 studies less than 4 hours , B1 will get a wicket.

Then we can set things like Purple Cap ( Participant who took max . no of wicket ) and Orange Cap ( Max runs ) etc like we see in IPL

2 Likes

Its perfectly fine if you guys can come up with a better idea. I just got over excited :sweat_smile: :joy:

2 Likes

Just to get it correct,

My team lose 1 wicket for 10 consecutive days, what will happen?

as you said 1 out of 10 wickets.

Will we be all out?

2 Likes

Yes it will be all out in 10 overs . Then the opposing team will bat

2 Likes

Ok yeah… So we can have 1 or more matches.

I dont know what i was thinking i was like " if we lose all the wickets, then its game over":joy:

maybe because i was one of those whose family members call him once he is done batting​:joy::joy:

2 Likes

I don’t think challenges for studying should be this complicated. I believe in simple Check in and Check out. These kind of engaging games drains the energy and time of the Challenge composer, especially when it is a study challenge when you are intented to study and you are just busy making these little games. These games works more of a diversion and you know the more you spend time on these gadgets, the more your prime concentration decrease.

5 Likes

Right…even the admins will have to devote time for management.

4 Likes

See , I just came up with an idea. Mine is not any universal judement. Feel free to amend it in your own ways

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.