Study Challenge Tips to make it more Engaging

Around june july…

approx 3 months for each season…

They dont have a monsoon season…

1 Like

Ok but mostly there are indians so i dont think summer vacation is the isssue. As our vacation was May Jun.

Also i aint free in august as well due to rakhi and teej (hindu festivals, so dont mind).

3 Likes

Oh ok.

Then I guess we should improve the system for updating points on the scoreboard cause it could help maintain interest in the challenge. To ensure accuracy, participants should count their own points and include them in their check-in messages. A designated moderator can then be responsible for updating the scoreboard regularly. Additionally, participants should feel encouraged to update their points if they remember to do so. This approach will streamline the process and keep everyone engaged throughout the challenge.
I’m saying this from experience.

2 Likes

What are you doing in Lebanon ?
You were in tunisia, right ?

@Binocular

2 Likes

In vacation, we go to my grandparents house in Lebanon cause my mom is from over there.

2 Likes

if you remember the OG ones, like the Hogwarts one I held, or the one before that, you can see how to hold one that is engaging. Those were the peak study challenge times, literally everyone was involved in it, you can refer those threads.

3 Likes

In vacation, you go to other countries ? :open_mouth::astonished:
I even dont go to other state of same country…

2 Likes

No just Lebanon. It’s kind of our family tradition now.

2 Likes

Perks of living in india😂.
People here usually marry in communities and very less ICM…

If ours was a small country, we could also enjoy that😂

2 Likes

@Mahesh27_03 @Amitroghates Let’s restart the old monthly study challenge…people will engage as soon as they will see the progress of participants everyday.

3 Likes

Sure, atleast i can check in on busiest days.

Btw you should check those previous og threads as told by Ash Matt. Those were really awesome. And we should have atleast 2 co admins alongwith admin for smpoth functioning, just in case.

4 Likes

Sure i do remember. That was my best phase in improving myself in terms of NoFap as well as studies.

Will check it out those threads.
Thanks mate☺

4 Likes

I wont participate in any challenge.

3 Likes

I saw that…the minimum requirement of 4hrs everyday was actually good. But, didnt understand the team-wise competition. For that, we might need more people.

I can act as co-admin, if required.

3 Likes

Any issues, buddy?
20 characters

3 Likes

Just my suggestion. How about incorporating Cricket in Studies. For eg , if there are 6 participants , divide then into 2 teams A and B and members A1,A2,A3 and B1, B2 and B3respectively.

One will choose to bat and other will choose to bowl. Let team A bat and team B bowl. There are 20 overs in a match. 20 overs i meant 20 days. Every single day is 1 over in a match.

Total runs scored by the batsman = ( Total number of study hours of A1,A2,A3 ) - 0.5 * ( Total no. of study hours by B1 , B2 and B3 ). Both batsman and the bowler have to study atleast 4 hours a day.

If a batsman fails to study 4 hours they will lose 1 wicket out of 10 wickets. But still the batsman who have lost the wicket can play next day too.

If the bowler fails to study 4 hours , then its a no ball. In case of no ball , the opposing team will not lose wicket the next day ( If they lose any ) and that score will also be added to the scoreboard

Decimal values less than 0.5 will be rounded off to lower number and decimal values equal and greater than 0.5 will be rounded off to upper number

Also participant who havent updated that day will will contribute 0 runs

2 Likes

If you are ok with this idea , lets extend this idea further

If A team choose to bat then

A1 ( BAT ) VS B1 ( BOWL )
A2 ( BAT ) VS B2 ( BOWL )

If A1 studies less than 4 hours , B1 will get a wicket.

Then we can set things like Purple Cap ( Participant who took max . no of wicket ) and Orange Cap ( Max runs ) etc like we see in IPL

2 Likes

Its perfectly fine if you guys can come up with a better idea. I just got over excited :sweat_smile: :joy:

2 Likes

Just to get it correct,

My team lose 1 wicket for 10 consecutive days, what will happen?

as you said 1 out of 10 wickets.

Will we be all out?

2 Likes

Yes it will be all out in 10 overs . Then the opposing team will bat

2 Likes