Strategy when you have the urge?

Hey Hustlers,
So it’s a question to guys who did atleast 30 days streak.
I want to ask like what are the routines you do or ways to escape the URGE when you want to watch ■■■■ or to Masturbate.
Because I’m a big believer of small habits make the difference.

3 Likes

That is exactly what you need. With the right mindset and strong perpouse, you will find many good ways to replace this feeling with another beneficial way.

1 Like

There is no strategy against a strong enough urge. It’s only a choice. And I had been making the wrong choice for years. But a short while ago, I educated myself on addiction (especially PMO addiction).
There’s an evident change in the reward circuits of an addict’s brain. You have to understand that the good feelings those urges give you are an illusion. It’s a result of years of training your brain to chase the wrong kinds of rewards, training it to get easy fixes. Nothing good comes of PMO. You don’t realize in the moment but it slowly drags you further away from the best version of yourself.

Everytime you are faced with a strong urge, you’ll have a small moment of clarity where you’ll question what you are doing and whether you should proceed. Everyone knows the truth but we rationalize our way into acting out on the urge. I don’t do that anymore. I know what PMO does and the fact that you’re looking for answers here tells me that you know it to some extent too.

Everytime I have an urge, there’s an internal dialogue happening in my head.
“Is this right?”
“NO! And I’ll rather do things that are actually going to help me in the long run.”
And then I proceed to read a book/ workout/ practice drums/ Study…

Sometimes your addict brain fights back.
“C’mon! this feels so good! One last time won’t hurt anyone.”
“Nah! I’d rather have sex with a real woman than jerk off watching other people do it. That’s not me.”
“Oh please! You don’t even have a GF and it’s not like women are dying to get with you.”
“All the more reason for me to work on building my self-worth and not waste time on this abomination called PMO. Thanks for the reminder brain! I better get going now. Bye bye :joy:

8 Likes

Just try to be calm, take fresh air. Or do some pushups or go take a look at ur parents, then those thoughts will go away. Just try to stay in present and take one day at a time.

2 Likes

Please read the EasyPeasy book. It will tell you in detail that the time we waste in self-harm (under the illusion of pleasure) is actually the worst of practices. Once you have read the book, you begin to hate PMO, not just emotionally, but even logically and even consider it useless.

It will actually tell you that one can never have an URGE to PMO. An urge is real. But the wish to engage in PMO is not a real urge. An urge is something that comes from your body’s demand of it. While PMO usually becomes a lot more free time thing, gradually taking over the working time.

In my beginning days (1-25), I told myself that since I am saving so much time I will do whatever I wish the most (usually I wasted 2 hour daily searching for novelties on telegram groups and across internet). So I played so much chess daily. Literally played some 130 or so games. Almost wasted entire nights playing chess. But all that was helping me get into that P-free mode. I never felt a necessity. Because even after playing so much I was still able to manage my affairs pretty well. Felt quite healthy and natural. In complete synergy with my body. Then I had a nightfall and had some girls’ messages around 30 or so days. Then I was what I will say sexually aroused to some extent but didn’t even consider or think of P. Did have some fantasies and all, all that is pretty normal as I can remember having them since I gained my senses. A few wets dreams washed clean them as well. Past day 42-43 I regained my stability of thought and there was again an absence of any sexual desire. Since that day I have been stable. Today is my 51st day of freedom. And I have improved in almost all spheres.

So just think yourself free whenever you have moved past day 7 and never return to it. Period.

3 Likes

exercise helps a lot. But it won’t work instantly. You have to develop a taste of it, which won’t be hard if you get enough endorphins.

and he’s right here. Because sometimes you just have to out wrestle the urge. Initially you’d fail, but doing it repeatedly will set up a pattern in your brain.

3 Likes

Just let the desire come, feel it, don’t fight against it, and just as it came, it will go away. Desires are like waves that come and go.

4 Likes

I feel like having a structured daily routine and sleep schedule is the best thing for me.You whole day should be filled with little wins e.g. wake up on time, eat healthy,hygiene,workout,no mindless internet social media scrolling etc. And then when it comes time to pmo you have the will power to say no because you have been productive and winning all day. Of course your going to give into your brain when you’ve been not listening to it all day.

1 Like

Domination. Anything less than that, it will try to take u over. You control the urge, not the other way around.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.