Share your favourite NF tips and tricks

Hey guys ! I made this thread to collect different nofap tricks and tips from different websites and of yours. Please consider sharing your favourite tips and tricks so that new users find them helpful.

Thanks !

Note : I am not tagging anyone to this thread. Anyone who wants to help others by sharing his useful tip and tricks can share their tricks freely. :blush:

7 Likes

Microhabits will work if you don’t cross more than a day or a two in your journey.

Reading is a good thing

Workout in moderation is good for health
And instead of going out for heavy snacks get a healthy food in home which save you some money Inshaallah

4 Likes

Others need to share their nofap tips as well. :blush:

I know this thread will be next underrated thread of RC website :joy:

5 Likes

Share your some tips and tricks here.

2 Likes

Choose any good habit other than nofap. Try to continue this habit for at least 1 month or 90 days .Be consistent. The habit should be very micro or small. Track the habit in any habit tracking app like habitica or habit now. The habit might be 1 minute reading. But do it daily.

Sooner or later you will find a new insight on how habits are built and find confidence to continue nofap and it will be easier to quit β– β– β– β– .

3 Likes

Every time , you feel urge take 100 deep breaths and relax yourself. Yes remember the phrase β€œEvery time”.

You know when urge strikes you, right ?

Set a reminder for that time that you have to take 100 deep breaths at that time

If you have urge at 10 pm daily, set a reminder for deep breathing at 10 pm

Use TickTick App for reminder or you can use other apps.

2 Likes

I am not tagging anyone to this thread. Anyone who wants to help others by sharing his useful tip and tricks can share their tricks freely. :blush:

3 Likes

Just my perspective. I maybe wrong but atleast it works for me.

Many believe , No fap leads to Discipline. But I believe the opposite. Discipline leads you to No Fap.

So even when you relapse , Try your level best not to ruin Discipline. Being Disciplined helps us to deal with urges better.

6 Likes

Completely agreed ! It is also psychologically correct.

3 Likes

Never go hard when you relapse thats a common mistake everyone do instead make yourself easy to do so that you can go on Inshaallah

2 Likes

Drink water drink water summer is challenging to survive and for that keep yourself hydrated it will keep away from urges Inshaallah

3 Likes

I am no perfect at tricks and all, I just improvise my mindset and lifestyle
Although , I have done many mistakes which should be avoided -

1. Relating your happiness/energy with number of days
  2. Waiting for the write time instead of taking actions
  3. Grieving too much on failures instead of learning and holding yourself to come back stronger
  4. Overconfidence
  5. Repeating the same mistakes
  6. Doing nofap greedily only to achieve something specific instead of trying to become a better person

A few tricks that I find helpful

1. Journalling , extremely powerful if you maintain consistency
  2. Meditation and affirmations to control your emotions in the tough days
  3. Socializing opens up your mind , don’t confine yourself
  4. Relapse logs
  5. Become better day by day , follow good habits and avoid things which make you weak . Make it a lifestyle , visualize yourself as the person you want to be and take actions . If you do good things/habits all day , you’ll be satisfied and sleep happy.
  6. Most of all , being disciplined and not rooting for motivation all time
    Lastly , just know your goal . Have the correct reason , not just for nofap but for anything you want to achieve . You should be knowing why you are doing it and then manage your habits . Don’t judt keep visualizing goals though , take actions actively . Learnt it just recently
3 Likes

Motivation will help you in initiation of work but changes will help you to go forward for a long time Inshaallah. And don’t get overexcited (in a good or bad way) in this journey you still are fighting filth so don’t loose your weapons on filth

1 Like

Wake up, go outside the house, come back at night, sleep.

3 Likes

This trick was invented by me, alright not invented my me but i figured it out somehow.

Whenever you get that urge, you know what I’m talking about, that strange butterflies sensation in abdominal area, that strange rush of dopamine in brain or even a boner, JUST STOP YOUR BREATH. I SWEAR THIS HAS HELPED ME ALOT. SO MUCH SO THAT NOW I CAN HOLD MY BREATH FOR 1:45 mins.

This panicks the brain due to disconnection of our oxygen supply and then our brain won’t entertain those urges anymore cuz bro got bigger problems now :wink:

Be sure to breath afterwards please :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

the best trick for nofap is to forget about nofap

9 Likes

thank you for the instruction bro , I was almost about to hold my breath for life

9 Likes

What really worked for me was cardio. When I ride a fitness bike until total exhaustion, urges aren’t an issue for the next day or 2. However, I also feel dead tired for the next day or 2 as well, so I don’t do it very often.

Cold turkey works fine for me. I just let the urges come and go. It’s hard from time to time, but the results are sweat.

3 Likes

What is cold turkey, bro ?
Can you explain?

Cold turkey is stopping something addictive in an instant and never doing it again. The results(for me) are good, but the journey is unpleasant.

2 Likes