Phone addiction //

The main coordinator is @NEW_CHALLENGER bro. You can ask him for participation

2 Likes

Yesterday was officially over 3 hours.

Today over 2 hours but even this is less than I usually do and I am struggling with 2 things.

1. What do i do with my free time?

2. Uncertain on how to handle the dopamine cravings and P cravings.

1 Like

Spent over 2hrs scrolling bad stuff - but have the rest of the day to make up for it :pray:

2 Likes
  1. There are many things, but only you can be interested in them. I canā€™t advise you to do what I do because you may not have the same interest.

2. Having other interests give us other sources of dopamine.

Personally I went through a fragrance phase. Iā€™d always liked particular scents, colognes my dad wore, places, soaps.
I was interested in aromatherapy to help with anxiety, bought oils, then started watching YouTube videos about fragrance. Bought small samples, looked for cheapies, old school scents - nostalgia. Found a fragrance archive site, and so on.
I got kind of wrapped up in it for a while, and still am to some extent - though I donā€™t watch many fragcom vids anymore.

I really love a good scent. It really perks me up and gets me motivated. I could give you an awesome list.

1 Like

Around 5 hours plus today
Including the rewire app

It would have been more
But around noon i said no and kept my phone aside

Will do better tom

I find it super anxious to enable digital detox app
But its needed atleast for initial stage
So will do it right now ā€¦
And thats it

3 Likes

Nice :+1: Following your example, I downloaded ā€œstay freeā€ just so I can view and share my app usage

3 Likes

I too am using Stay Free.

August 28th (today) 7 hours 10 minutes

August 27th (yesterday) 3 hours 30 minutes

August 26th (Saturday) 3 hours 47 minutes

2 Likes

@Vortexkicker

Please update here :point_up_2:

1 Like

Bro why did u change the format I did earlier :sweat_smile:. For easier calculation of points you can set a scoreboard like the one in the link below

1 Like

WhatsApp - chat with my LDR this morning / after work - (and again just now)

Rewire

Text message - with clients

Chrome - checked news headlines, and useless things like Archeology / Pop Psychology / dogs

Android - unsure what it was

3 Likes

Yesterday i had around 6 hour 20 mins unproductive approx
Excluding - 15 mins of rewire app (i used more than 1 hour of this app but i cosider 15 mins to be productive at max)

Todayā€™s target to keep it lower than 5 and half

3 Likes

I had a busy work day - Iā€™m self employed so some mornings I do/can wake up later than someone working 9-5, or studying. Luckily, when Iā€™m working I donā€™t have free time for my phone.

I usually chat for a few mins in the morning with my LDR, again after work and/or in the evening like tonight.

2 Likes

Yesterday it got to 7 hoursā€¦
And i relapsed too
Will try today to reduce

3 Likes

Foolish me. I looked at things I shouldnā€™t have this morning. It starts with one thing - a friend suggestion on FB, then leads to another, and then another.

Seeing a website appear in ā€œStay Freeā€ and not wanting to share from embarrassment and trigger reasons, I used other phone app/features just for the site descend down the list, which lead to me scrolling and inappropriate things on YouTube.

What a mess I get myself into. I have to laugh at myself and admit Iā€™m weak, but God is my Home, I depend on His Ultimate Grace and Mercy each day :pray: Only He fully knows my heart.

I since blocked websites and limited Chrome to 30mins,
And will keep moving forward without looking back.

I also really like this feature :arrow_down:

3 Likes

Can i join from from tomorrow??
@NEW_CHALLENGER

2 Likes

@VAGABOND
Yes, you can joinā€¦

2 Likes

Thatā€™s true. Iā€™m sick and tired of this phone addiction of mine. I will overcome. Iā€™m sure of it :muscle:

2 Likes

Just lost the game uhhh leave it yaar.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.