Anxiety for what??
I dont knw the exact reason
But i feel there is nothing fun or enjoyment in life
For me for last 3 to 4 years
All my entertainment was youtube, series, anime and game
Now that im on my way to quit these
I get panic and it feels like i cant quit
For last 3 days
I have been having super strong urges to download some game and play in breaks and moderation
But im afraid things wont go as planned
But i still cant stop the urges
And then all of a sudden im doubting all my decisions to quit all these
I know its necessary
But its making me more anxious …
I really need help

4 Likes

First of all, let’s talk about this.

For you to say these words, you must have a really good reason for cutting out all these activities. Maybe they have been ruining your life through all the time wasted, or you have important goals that require your full attention.

Cutting out all these sources of entertainment at once is a huge hit to your system. The brain is wondering, What on earth is going on with this guy? First he stops doing PMO, now no more gaming? We can’t watch some anime? Not even a TV series? Everyone watches YouTube, come on man what are you doing? We need dopamine! DOPAMINE!

Those feelings and sensations that you’re getting about your decision, that’s not coming from you. That’s the brain trying to get you to change your mind.

When you decided to cut out those activities, you were making a rational, intelligent decision to create a better future for yourself. And you knew that it was completely possible for you to keep your word. And so does your brain. The anxiety you’re feeling is the brain’s anxiety, not your own. The real you has a vision of how your life will be when you can focus your time elsewhere, and that vision excited and motivated you enough to quit those sources of entertainment.

The brain is scared of you and what you’re doing. Its job is to keep us alive, and part of that process includes keeping everything in balance. This includes the levels of dopamine we receive on a regular basis. The brain mistakenly believes that you are in danger, a life or death situation. So it speaks to you in your thoughts and creates emotions in your body, trying to get you to change your mind and fill it up with dopamine again. It does the exact same thing when it comes to PMO.

But you are far stronger and more intelligent than your brain. It has to listen to you like a child does, you don’t have to listen to it. The brain may be stubborn and unhappy about obeying you, but it will be obedient. Whenever those thoughts and suggestions come, making you feel like you’re dying and life is empty with entertainment, remember that those thoughts are not coming from you. You remember the last 3 years and how many games, animes, series and YouTube videos you watched. You know exactly why you said “No more.” Remember what you’re fighting towards and keep going.

Within 2 weeks, the body will adjust and you will feel great relief in enjoying dopamine from natural activities again. And you will feel a great sense of pride and accomplishment in yourself after keeping your word and proving that you have self-control and that you can be a disciplined person.

3 Likes

Thanks brother for these words
I was actually crying right now because of the anxiety
It still feels like my chest will burst with the pain
Not exactly pain but the feeling of completely filled
But i wont give up this time
Thanks a lot these words
I was just searching online for dopamine detox anxiety so that i dont fall back to my old self and thats the very same reason i m online on this forum for last 4 hour because i dont want to fall
Thanks brother
I still had self doubt but remembered past 3 years
I feel its not worth to give up my happiness for the fake assumption of entertainment

Ill finally get going and sleep now
Thanks again

3 Likes

Whaaaat… !!!, hey man… long time brother… :sweat_smile::smile:… How have you been !!!..

2 Likes

Good bro… doing great… :+1::+1:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.