Meliorem Cotidianam - the Better Everyday Study Challenge

Hello there.

The concept of incremental gains has been well-established by now. So that’s what this challenge is going to focus on.

What is this challenge about?

• Similar to Challenge a Companion, you can challenge someone to complete certain goals in a certain time limit, and report back when it’s done. Be sure to try to challenge different people, so that you can have different levels of difficulty.

• Each person has 3 extra lives/ tries. Failure to complete the tasks you decided to accomplish results in loss of a life. Successfully completing three challenges in a row gets you an additional life. You can only have a maximum of 4 lives, beyond which even if you complete tasks, you will not get an additional life. Each :heart: represents an additional life- that is, you have one, final try after all your :heart: s have been removed, but that’s your last life, be careful.

• This challenge is an attempt at a self-regulated challenge. Try to take care of your own challenges as much as possible. For this reason, it is not necessary to update any scoreboard of sorts, only keep track of how many tries you have left. Be honest, you will fool none but yourself.

• There are no points for completing challenges successfully. Besides personal satisfaction, you can, if you wish, reward yourself with something which is fruitful, such as a relaxing movie, a video game and so on. However, this is up to your discretion- don’t abuse this option. To stay accountable, why not post what you are planning to do as a reward?

Some things to note:

• Be specific about your goals for a session. Eg. I plan to do Maths from 7 pm to 8 pm is not a goal. I plan to complete the chapter- fractions between 7 pm and 8 pm is.
  • Be realistic about your goals. Don’t set goals so high that you will be unable to achieve them, and result in you beating yourself up. At the same time, don’t set easy goals either. Do hard things.
  • Don’t edit your goals after posting them. If you suspect your challenger of doing the same, tag @debellator
  • Try to check-in as soon as you can after the challenge time has elapsed. If your opponent has not responded, assume that he/she is busy and will respond in time. Tag @debellator if your opponent doesn’t respond in a day’s time.

If you have any questions, tag @debellator

7 Likes
Number Member Extra lives left
1. Ash_Matt
2. nofapstar123
3. the_shivam :heart: :heart: :heart:
4. Luffy
5. Samaranjay :heart:
6. rewire_user :heart: :heart:
7. Sheamus :heart: :heart:
8. Kanu :heart: :heart: :heart:
6 Likes

@nofapstar123 I challenge you to a continuous work session from 9:30 pm to 10:30 pm.
My goals:

• Complete 3 experiments in my Biology lab work
  • Complete the chapter Chemistry in Everyday life
  • Study questions for my chemistry exam tomorrow specifically

You in?

5 Likes

haha bro! you did add some amazing flavours, and since its short term goals it will benifit alot!

My goals: 9:30 to 10:30

Complete 10 more questions from haloalkane! all the best!

5 Likes

@nofapstar123 Awesome! Can we also invite @Luffy ? What say you?

2 Likes

yes yes invite others also :blush:

4 Likes

@Luffy @PaperBoat If you are in and ready to enter a three way challenge with @nofapstar123 and I, please reply and state your goals for the session from 9:30 to 10:30.

3 Likes

Letz go study! 1. 2. 3. go! see you at 10:30

3 Likes

@nofapstar123 It’s still 9:25 for me, so I will wait for a bit to see if @PaperBoat and @Luffy respond :blush:

1 Like

Does completing assignment counts?

2 Likes

Yeah am in!
I will revise s block…
And d and f block!

1 Like

Yes, any productive work. Anything productive at all, even doing homework or wiring a page of a novel.

1 Like

Proceed if you are sure you can complete all that by 10:30 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok I am in. In this one hour I will complete :-

1. Account’s and bst’s hw
  2. Will rewrite my tuition notes neatly agai as much as possible.
2 Likes

I had no plan to do any work rn , but you motivated me. Let’s go!
I am starting my work.

2 Likes

Challenge has begun

Members: @Luffy @PaperBoat @nofapstar123 @debellator
Report at 10:30 or as close to it as possible
All the best!

2 Likes

@debellator completed 10 question :blush:

1 Like

@nofapstar123 Awesome!
I’m removing one life :expressionless: because I couldn’t complete everything.
Lesson for me: assign less work, only what I can finish. I was doing everything at breakneck speed but still couldn’t finish. I am happy I forced myself to work so hard though, otherwise I would have never have done this much :joy:

3 Likes

yeah bro, your goals seemed impossible for me :rofl:

1 Like

Completed all my tasks!

2 Likes