Matthew 16:23 Reminds us to set our minds on the things of God

But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.
Matthew 16:23 (KJV)

Inspiration
Are you setting your mind today on the things of God or on the things of man? Because if you’re setting your mind on the things of man, then according to [Matthew 16:23], Satan is driving your thinking and from that, your living. Jesus is calling you and me today to set our minds on the things of God, on God’s ways, on God’s word, on God’s perspective, on what is most important to God. And I just want to encourage you today to live accordingly, to live today with your mindset on the things of God. What is most important to God in your life today? Not what is most important in the world. What is most important to God to live accordingly.

Prayer
God, help us to set our mind on You and the things of You. God, keep us from setting our mind on the things of man and the things of this world. And even the ways of this world and the ways we want in our lives, what Peter was so confused about here that we are so confused about in our lives. We get so caught up in the way this world works and in what we want for our lives, that we lose sight of what You want for our lives and the way You work in our lives, which often goes against the grain of what we in our sinfulness want. So God, help us. In Jesus’ name, amen.

4 Likes

Amen, brother! Very good!

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing this, after my last slip, God still try to give me comfort through so many things, the first thing is you believer_100, your matthew verse and what happened today to me are related, it is amazing and idk what and how, but i know it Jesus call, i did confess what really happen to my aunt, and what she said really have something related to this post thank you…!

3 Likes