🌋 Lord of the Rings (12 Day Challenge)

@BobDeen Hadn’t planned on adding anymore characters.

Are you up for checking in every day?

Still waiting to see if Merry and Gimli are on board, if not may be a spot there.

yes. Thanks for reminding. Usually, I checkin in night time (before i sleep) IST.

Check In ::white_check_mark:
Day: 01/12 :shamrock:

2 Likes

:white_check_mark:

2 Likes

@BobDeen on second thought, is you’re up for checking in every day I’ll add you as Faramir, he is another essential character in this quest after all… let me know.

Aight I’ll check in you can give me day 0 or day 1 idc I’m on big streak anyway @Keats Thanks

1 Like

anigif_sub-buzz-12081-1610739108-38

“We must take a hard road, a road unforeseen. There lies our hope, if hope it be. To walk into peril — to Mordor. We must send the Ring to the Fire.”

7 Likes

Check in
Day 2 :+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

3 Likes

Check in :heavy_check_mark:

Day 2

…

3 Likes

Frodo checking in Day 2

2 Likes

Tom bombadil check in for day 2

1 Like

Check-in :white_check_mark:
Day 2 :clinking_glasses::zap:

3 Likes

Boromir reporting for day 2 :crossed_swords:

3 Likes

Check in day 2

3 Likes

:grinning: Wow! Brother, this is something new that I’m experiencing. Now my percentages of success in this war is rising beyond my imagination. Thank you so much bro for organizing this challenge. :heart::bouquet::slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Day 2 :white_check_mark:

(20 characters :grinning:)

3 Likes

:white_check_mark:

3 Likes

Found this online today:

Remember Boromir? Life Advice from Jason Brick

September 29, 2016

Remember Boromir?

If you don’t, he’s this guy:

In The Lord of the Rings, Boromir was one of the warriors responsible for taking the ring to Mordor. Along the way, he fights ferociously with a bunch of arrows in him to protect people he loves. The scene in the movie version is the definition of making a desperate effort.

In Forrest E. Morgan’s Living the Martial Way , he makes a point about combat and real life. I want to share that point today. It goes like this.

1. If you were fighting for your life, you would make a desperate effort. Everything you had, you’d put into it. Every last thing.
  2. That thing you really want to do, the thing that would make a positive change for you: You don’t make a desperate effort for that.
  3. But you should.
  4. Because you’re still fighting for your life. Not your ability to breathe, but the life you want to live.
  5. So go make a desperate effort to make that thing happen.

It’s a way to look at things I hadn’t considered, but it made sense immediately to me. Want that book deal? Your relationship to work out? That promotion? Your kids to do well in school? The respect of your mentors and peers? (To be free from addiction? Free from the chaser effect?)

Go after it like Boromir.

With three arrows in your chest, get the hell up and keep moving forward. Make a desperate effort.

It’s your life you’re fighting for after all.

-Jason Brick is the author of Wrestling Demons: The Bushido Chronicles, coming out in the spring of 2017 from Not a Pipe Publishing.

3 Likes

Check In ::white_check_mark:
Day: 02/12 :shamrock:

1 Like

20210611_203454

“Certainty of death. Small chance of success…What are we waiting for?”

3 Likes

this is nice. thanks :clap: @Keats

2 Likes