🌋 Lord of the Rings (12 Day Challenge)

“Strangers from distant lands, friends of old, you have been summoned here to answer the threat of Mordor. Middle Earth stands upon the brink of destruction; none can escape it. You will unite or you will fall. Each race is bound to this fate, this one doom.”

The Characters:

:dagger:@keats :adult:Frodo 8 :x:
:dagger:@Dean_Ambrose :adult:Sam 5 :x:
:dagger:@lifechanger77 :adult:Merry 0 :x:
:dagger:@rewire_user :adult:Pippin 2 :x:
:fire: @ali4th :man_mage:Gandalf 12 :white_check_mark:
:crown:@PLAGG :bearded_person:Aragorn 5 :white_check_mark:
:bow_and_arrow:@Ash_Matt :man_elf:Legolas 12 :white_check_mark:
:axe: @wall-e :bearded_person:Gimli 12 :white_check_mark:
:crossed_swords:@keepFighting :bearded_person:Boromir 8 :x:
:bow_and_arrow:@BobDeen :bearded_person:Faramir 12 :white_check_mark:
:notes:@zeochs :man_farmer:Tom Bombadil 12 :white_check_mark:
:rock: @ysub :alien: Sméagol 12 :white_check_mark:

Looking for LOTR fans who are willing to be my companions for the next 12 days as we take the one ring (representing the chaser effect) and cast it into the fires of Mount Doom (from whence it came, naturally).

AppropriateInfantileAldabratortoise-small

(the Chaser effect refers to the intense cravings that follow in the days after a relapse. It often leads to more relapses/chaser effects, and a vicious cycle).

The quest is simple: You choose your character, then you check in daily without looking at p/m for 12 days. This is all about defeating the cravings so these days need to be as squeaky clean as possible.

*(note: a daily check in is a requirement of this challenge, so please don’t join if that’s not something you can do).

I will be Frodo since I have have been stuck in a chaser for over a month now.

I’m looking for the rest of my fellowship to help me bear this burden.

“…I will take the ring to Mordor, but I do not know the way.”

So…do I have your swords, bows, and axes?

Please only legit fans apply as I will be using quotes/gifs from the books/movie in this thread and don’t want to spoil anything for anyone :wink:.

(The above is my spoilers warning folks. Be warned.)

13 Likes

Nice @Keats
Wish I could join but I didn’t know anything about LOTR …

3 Likes

All good, @ayushbantaiji it would take a lot longer than 9 days to get up to speed on it anyway, haha.

3 Likes

@debellator

He’s a big Lotr fan. He might be interested

3 Likes

@Keats you sir do love challenges dont you ?
And I love being challenged :muscle:
I will take gandalf

2 Likes

@wall-e if u r a fan this may help

3 Likes

@Keats I’m ready for this challenge. This is to inform, I’m not diehearted fan, but yeah I’m a fan.

Chosen warrior - Aragorn

3 Likes

@ali4th Thanks for inviting me, I am not a fan but I can take part for next 9 days. From last two months, I am struggling to cross 50 streak. Need to fix my mindset and environment.
@Keats I’ll choose ‘Gimli’

3 Likes

I’ll choose Sam …
Code- a5ssyg

4 Likes

Thanks for the invite mate :joy:

Yeah I’m afraid since old G and the King are already taken :neutral_face: I’ll go with Legolas.

@Keats if I forget to check-in everyday, please tag may. I might forget.

giphy

BUT I SHALL CHOOSE SMAUG THE INDESTRUTIBLE IF POSSIBLE THOUGH @Keats

2 Likes

I’m in, too. I’ll go for Tom Bombadil. Or boromir. Hopefully, I’ll last longer than him

4 Likes

Guilty as charged. :smile:

3 Likes

@zeochs Oh that’s a nice choice. Bombadil and Goldberry are awesome.

3 Likes

Haha, yes, maybe we’ll do a Hobbit challenge after this. 13 dwarfs, a hobbit and a wizard journeying to the Misty Mountain…with the goal of surviving you of course.

2 Likes

I can’t not participate, Tolkien is my very favorite author.
And I would love to be Boromir, but I’ll take Merry since that spot is open.

3 Likes

I would like to be Merry, since I always do something stupid and impulsive to fk it up

2 Likes

We got some real Tolkien fans in the house. Nice!

So many awesome characters could be included but to keep it simple I’m limiting it to the 9 members of the fellowship. So you will be Boromir @zeochs

2 Likes

Yes, Boromir and his story arc is one of my favorites.

Merry it is.

2 Likes

@lifechanger77 haha, that position just got filled.

Are you up to portraying Pippin? Merry didn’t exactly corner the market on doing impulsive and ill-advised things as I recall (and I’m sure Gandalf would back me up on that :wink:)

2 Likes

I wanna be smeagol…
Possible??? :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

2 Likes