"Let's Begin" diary (rantings toward liberation)

Like learning Church music, Hymns

1 Like

Iā€™m not that religious, I prefer to do other music

Iā€™ve played (so everyone as well) ave Maria (Bach) and (Schuman)

2 Likes

Lovely pieces.
But there are some lovely hymns even if youā€™re not particularly religious, but maybe not so flamboyant, unless youā€™re an organist and enjoy making crazy harmonic noise in the last verse - The thing that Organists love the opportunity to do.

1 Like

Day 1

Didnā€™t get out of bed immediately :x:
Some negative feelings / concerns :negative_squared_cross_mark:
Checking my phone :x:
Fixed up :white_check_mark:
A good breakfast :white_check_mark:
Household / garden / spring cleaning :white_check_mark:
Piano composition / work :white_check_mark:
Inappropriate thoughts :x:
Office work :white_check_mark:
Light lunch :white_check_mark:
Starting my diary :white_check_mark:

:x: = Bad = 3
:negative_squared_cross_mark: = Caution = 1
:white_check_mark: = Good = 7

5 Likes

@lets_begin welcome back brother :star2:
Honestly, I really missed you around here.

3 Likes

Day 2

Woke very early, failed to get up, overslept :x:
ā€œNeggyā€ feelings/arguments linger from yesterday :negative_squared_cross_mark:
Eventually had breakfast :negative_squared_cross_mark::white_check_mark:
Good convo / reconcile :white_check_mark::white_check_mark:
Work meeting/ plans and agreements :white_check_mark:
Some gardening work :white_check_mark:
Exhaustion / headache (from oversleeping) :x::negative_squared_cross_mark:
Viewed inappropriate YT as a cure :x::x:
More gardening work :white_check_mark:
Reasonable lunch :white_check_mark:
Long walk in the forest :white_check_mark::+1:
Communication / arrangements :white_check_mark:

Faith & Love was the key today.
Faith (Trust) to get up and get going - not to dwell, or give in to pmo. And Love in my neighbour that we donā€™t want to fight but be understood - with these things the day turned around from feeling fatigued to vitality - most especially the walk in nature and the generosity of sharing it.
I also spoke to a client who is excited and touched by my work. If Iā€™d given into PMO earlier today, things may have been looking very different right now; I may not have appreciated all these blessings, but been weighed down with my own guilt.

4 Likes

Day 3

Woke to alarm, fell back asleep :negative_squared_cross_mark:
No radio alarm :white_check_mark: got up quicker :white_check_mark:
Coffee, smoke, radio :negative_squared_cross_mark:(?)
Phone :negative_squared_cross_mark:
eBay :negative_squared_cross_mark:
Google :x:
YT :x::x::x:
ā€œLet it beā€ comes on :pray:

Had a good breakfast :white_check_mark:
Finished remainder of cleaning and disposal :white_check_mark:
Had a decent lunch :white_check_mark:

Procrastination / phone & wicked spirits :x::x::x:

Feeling like a scumbag :x:
A good reason to quit :white_check_mark:

1 Like

Day 4

Still woke and feel back asleep :negative_squared_cross_mark:
knowing I had, more effort made :white_check_mark:

Set new work tasks yesterday, carried them out :white_check_mark:

Breakfast :white_check_mark: lunch missed :x: good evening meal :white_check_mark:

Nothing spiritual :x: a brief moment of prayer :white_check_mark:
Walk in the forest :white_check_mark::white_check_mark:

To-ing and fro-ing into temptation
(I have my usual suspects) :x::x::x:

I want to flip this around and use opposites to gain stability.

Thought - action
Obsession - release
Fight - passive
Isolation - people
Phone - solitude
Work - walk

3 Likes

Day 5

Similar mishaps today :x::x::x:

My days are starting with more urgency :white_check_mark:

*Morning Mass :white_check_mark:

Cooked a very decent breakfast, over dining out :white_check_mark:

*Work was tiresome :negative_squared_cross_mark:
though later persisted and got results :white_check_mark::white_check_mark:
The day ended on a good note :white_check_mark:

Thanks be to God for His faithfulness :pray:

*Lessons, the sun will come out.
ā€œGod lives in me, and I live in Himā€¦ā€
God lives within us :pray:

2 Likes

Day 2

ā€œThe Sun will always come upā€
We may have a headache, we may feel joyless; but tomorrow may be the opposite ~ or even by the end of the day.

ā€œFirm strong words cut to the coreā€
Telling myself and slamming my first down, I must wake up and get up earlier tomorrow. The morning came and I was awake just after 5am

ā€œConfidenceā€
itā€™s not pride, naivety, self-made, beyond pigeon-holing dogma but acting with Faith upon what is within.

Stability - Balance - doing the opposite of what we do, day in, day out

4 Likes

Day 2
(yep, and so it is again - but I wonā€™t let it keep me down)

Letā€™s Begin;

Duties :white_check_mark:
Time for others :white_check_mark:
Reflection :white_check_mark:
Eating well :white_check_mark:
Walk in nature :white_check_mark:
Exercise :white_check_mark:
Positive thinking :white_check_mark:
Tomorrow Iā€™ll post my thoughts about what Iā€™m seeking

4 Likes

Waiting for the next diary entry :wink:

2 Likes

Diary entry;
Monday 26th June

Where have I been?..
Well, itā€™s been over a month since my last post.
I stopped posting because I didnā€™t see the point, and thought ā€œfap or nofap is a choice, writing about other stuff (having a personal public diary) doesnā€™t really mean anything on a nofap forumā€ ā€¦so anyway Iā€™m here once again because I want to escape from that isolation, the worries, anxiety and fappingā€¦ I know all you guys understand - as these conversations arenā€™t really talked about anywhere else, except among fellow brothers who know and understand.

I think itā€™s good to be journalling because itā€™s a chance to escape, an opportunity to reflect, and primarily focus on positive thoughts, though escaping is fundamental.

Positivity is part and parcel of escaping from darkness, and it doesnā€™t need, but be a building block.

I havenā€™t exercised a lot, but walking regularly.
Work life is good, and my diet is healthy and great. Lots vegetables, fish, eggs, spices, herbs, and meats.

2 Likes

Wednesday 28th June

I got out of bed late today and had given into mo (living past experiences)

Iā€™ve eaten fairly well today, and helped others.

God has given another day and a chance to be the difference

1 Like

@Forodwaith @Rebooter81 hope you guys are still here, still trying, and doing well.
@ncubeanelem thank you for your continued prayers and support.

Thurs 29th June
I woke a little late today, but Iā€™m eating well and enjoy my occupation.
I had a moment of weakness today, as often is the case, but the spark came ā€œchoose notā€
My highest streak recently, and in a long time has been 12days, but Iā€™m now at Day 1 with the choice to refrain. To refrain from p & mo, refrain from looking, refrain from staring at girls walk by, refrain from sloth and to refrain from being swayed by my own outward appeal.
My current relationship may not be ideal, but I believe God knows what is best for us.
So what a couple of younger pretty girls show their eyes to me? What is that in the face of mortality?
And is it not because Iā€™m now a bit older and not chasing those I meet that shows some maturity?
In my own space and hidden ways itā€™s very different and I think and act in desperation - Yes, they may help take that awayā€¦and Iā€™m back to where I started, creating a life long companionship with someone I trust will always be there.
But here am I, often in turmoil with entertaining a gamble over someone younger, prettier and more ideal, because I seem to have other options, and start all over again, not just again, but yet again, lead by my eye for beauty and ideals, rather than being a rational person of depth and integrity.

Iā€™m often my own worst enemy, not because I donā€™t know goodness, but because the easier more attractive options and ideas are self serving and donā€™t ask for anything, well, not until I make choices, have to take responsibility and become vulnerable, and possibly be discarded just as I have been doing to others. When things didnā€™t meet my expectations or I was not willing to make any sacrifices, I just moved on with or without some pain or regret, but in most cases hurting the other.

I want resolve, but donā€™t know if God is calling me out of this relationship to pursue another out of natural desire, or whether this particular person is just a test to educate me in some way. Anyway, maybe writing it down may help.

What Iā€™m going through, is it not just the same as what some married people go through?

3 Likes

I relapsed a few days ago. Sunday night.
And Iā€™m still regularly peeking, edging, and giving way to impulsive thoughts. Iā€™m still looking for that ā€œhighā€

Incidentally, I donā€™t relapse on Thursdays, Fridays or Saturdays.
Thursday Iā€™m always in Church practicing with the choir, and Saturday mornings there is Mass followed by confession, and time for self care.

3 Likes

Hey man. Itā€™s great to read how your journey is currently going. Keep going and never despair, one of these days can truly be the last day that we engage in this addictive behaviour and begin living on a more dignifed and self-respecting way of life.

3 Likes

Thank you for your kind words of encouragement bro. It really means a lot to get support when feeling alone in this.

4 Likes

5 Likes

Exercise lowers stress, improves sleep, and boosts mood. Pay attention to your needs.

An acronym for things that trigger relapse is HALT, which stands for ā€œhungry, angry, lonely, tired.ā€

Stay on top of these things, so you donā€™t find yourself getting so miserable that you act impulsively.

I need motivation on a daily basis;
To be continuedā€¦today

3 Likes