Learn Money and finance

I will be writing about money and finance in detail for both beginner And intermediary in the topic of finance
First post will take time till then you can suggest topic you want to learn we will be going very deep into topic, deeper than any book you might have read in a while about finance. But the details will be very simplified

4 Likes

post 1 please don’t like without reading

Why you need to learn money

Beleive me it’s going to be boring, but you might end up learning something.
Simply because no one wants you to learn or read about it. This is from personal experience but the truth. Everyone wants you to not learn how money works and that is why every thing about money is designed so unnecessarily over complicated.
Two things you should be certain about no matter if you trust your government or hate him, the truth is no government ever wants you to be rich, because if you’re rich you can have whatever you want and when you have whatever you want why would you vote for these people called politicians.now i am not against government neither i support dictatorship, rather i think we need a good democratic structure to flourish but about money you should not trust anyone except yourself, never put your money in place where you think there is lack of transparency. And in this journey we will try to uncover Those things that often Government wants to hide from you like,
How stock market works
How banking system works
How to file and save taxes
How insurance companies work
How is fake money created by this big organizations like vanguard and black rock

Let’s start with banks, banks accept deposits and provide loans. Is it really that simply
Let’s do some simple math
Mr Alfred deposited 10k cash in his bank account to keep it safe and earns 2% per annum on the deposit, to keep it simple let’s assume there is only one bank in the world. the bank will lend the money to someone else and charge 5 to 8% intrest on the loan. If it’s an education loan the interest might be as high as 10% making a straight profit of 4 to 6% for the bank after all expenses but Is that all, is it really that simple. I wish it was, let’s go deeper and dig something darker. The amount of 10k as loan was not taken by the person (Let’s call him) Bill in cash. It is simply transferred in the bank account of Bill. Most transactions take place through check or through card actually these days hence the money never went anywhere. If it’s not encased. The bank still has the money and they can keep lending the money making an infinite money glitch. Let’s say bill transferred money to Mc Donald’s he owed 10k, now Mc Donald’s paid the others person 10k they owed and you see, the initial money is just 10k but the transaction is already worth more than 50k
How you may ask, here is list of transaction that took place.
Alfred paid 10k to Bill
Bill received 10k from Alfred
Bill paid 10k to Mc Donald’s
McDonald’s received 10k from Bill
McDonald’s paid to others 10k
Others received 10k
Why are you seeing transactions from both parties, well that’s how the government charges tax, but it’s some high level stuff so leave it at that for now.
So In all of their Account Books if we summarize the transaction is worth 60k and it might keep going, if no one encased the money.

One more thing wrong with this is, in past time around 1950s to 1970 money used to be pegged by Gold, that simply means if a government wanted to print currency worth 10k, firstly, they have to set aside gold worth 10k, that gold that has be set aside cannot be used for any other purpose, then only they will be allowed to print 10k, making the money or currency hence printed actually worth 10k. But today this system was abolished around 1970 (USA started it and the whole world followed) and any country can print Money as much as they want after 2022 (in 2005 to 2022 almost all nations stopped pegging there currency), the only thing stopping them is inflation (will be covered in a later post).

All the cash and bank balance you have is fake money. Or at least that’s for sure that it doesn’t hold any real value. Don’t get scared just Stop running for cash and start creating real value thing like Stock, real-estate, or liquid assets like gold,
Now you may ask stock isn’t it risky or really overhyped, well it is but do you no what is the only thing that no government dares to upset or are really scared to upset, yes it’s stock market, it’s the place where all millionaire and billionaire park there investment, and upsetting any of their stock is a certain death for any politician, as these billionaire are the one who will donate money for their political campaign, so try to learn a little about them.

Hope you liked the post and please share your thoughts on the thing you didn’t understand I will try to change the language or try to simplify the language even more

4 Likes

You are talking about velocity of money here to be precise. Meaning how many times a currency has changed hands. Like i give you a note, you give the same to someone else, he gives it to someone else. A high velocity may indicate a flourishing economy.

agree now-a-days we have a hyped value, like, if people perceive something has value, they will create a hype and increase its value more.
We can use this as a chance to get value from things which are actually not that valuable. Most of the rich people do it. We just need people’s perception of it to be valuable.

1 Like

An excellent first post, I enjoyed reading that. I can tell that you’re very knowledgeable and passionate about this, you explain things brilliantly.

I look forward to your post on taxes. Do you know legal ways we can reduce how much taxes we’re made to pay?

1 Like

I won’t disagree with you at all you said is unfortunate but true
But the day when banks own all the land is far away may be 80 to 100 and that to if they are optimistic either it might take more than 120 years
But for those who don’t have enough money to hold a land has to start saving from somewhere
And no doubt that land is the best investment and only real investment there is.

3 Likes

Sorry bro tax laws are different everywhere in the world so about tax I will be writing preety basic stuff about it hope it helps,

4 Likes

Understandable bro, I look to your future posts :writing_hand::dollar::white_check_mark:

1 Like

Post 2
A small post comparatively
Why is money important it’s it sin to think about it

The phrase “money is the root of all evil” is totally foolish the way it’s used now. if you don’t sit back and listen.
Money is the root of all evil, a well-known saying that suggests that the love of money or an excessive focus on wealth can lead to negative outcomes, such as greed, selfishness, and unethical behaviour.
But the way this quote has been presented in society and to the kids of the new generation, through their school books, is dangerous.
However, it’s important to note that the phrase “money is the root of all evil” is often misinterpreted to mean that all money or wealth is inherently evil, when in fact the quote specifically refers to the unnecessary love of money as a potential source of evil.
In essence, the phrase warns against the dangers of prioritising money over other important values such as honesty, integrity, and compassion, and suggests that focusing too much on accumulating wealth can lead to moral corruption and negative consequences.
The destination where humanity is headed, the existence in lack of money will be impossible. Let alone the thought of living without money.
On this planet you are living by selling your time and value to the institutions called producers or industry, who are paying a currency in exchange which is again backed by another institution, called the government. This institution called the government takes away a part of what you received, from institutions called producers, which they call tax. And you pay back the currency to the institutions called producers or industry, to buy things you need in your daily life, like food, clothing, selther. And this cycle continues. Now I am not saying that all governments are evil, In Fact i support democracy and free speech to a certain extent, but the actual evil is those other institutions called producers. This is where the actual problem begins.
There are corporations and industries who are doing their jobs very honestly and generously, but, on the other hand we have companies like coca cola, colget, nestle, who are either exploiting others, or selling poison by creating fake demands in the market but this is only the tip of the iceberg. Cause there are companies who are just trying to control youth through their products. They are making people hooked to their product by making it more and more addictive. As a result we have a hoard of weak people in the society. Want some examples of such products, video games, all the products of Mind geek (qorn), dating apps, smart phones, in fact even youtube. There companies are everywhere. Now don’t think it’s a conspiracy theory. It’s the reality, and outcomes are right in front of us.
On the positive side, the pharma industry has done a great job, people can learn anything, anywhere, anytime, thanks to the internet. The space has also become an industry after the grand success of spacex, blue origin, ISRO. and they have done a phenomenal job as well.
But how many people are paying attention to these things? Or how many people were actually involved in all this success. A tiny percentage of the total population. The rest are actually suffering, or are living in an illusion of happiness. And they are forced to live like that, because it’s an opportunity for institutions called producers or industry to make more money. But yes there are a tiny percentage of people who are genuinely happy.
After seeing all this, how can we still say that money is not evil, well because behind all this its not money, its greed and a human mind behind all this.
Nobody will ever teach you this, but the person forced to live in adversities due to lack of money, will definitely understand that. What is the true feeling of going to bed empty stomach, yes it’s the worst. Everything comes only after you have enough to feed your kids. Maybe it’s not very prevalent in America, or Europe or the Middle East but check out the data of the UN, which clearly states that currently there are more than 15 million people all across the globe who are forced to go empty stomach. And 15 million, that’s a big crowd.
I recently saw a video where a father cannot afford to buy a bag of grain to feed their kids, from pakistan because the grain price shot up and he is poor, the bag of grain is expensive due to high inflation (will be covered in later post).
Now you might think, why are rich people not taking responsibility for feeding these people?
Because it’s their money and they will decide what to do with it. But not all rich people are like that. There are people who donate generously, but it’s still not enough. So instead of blaming the money, take the responsibility of earning as much as you can, and donate as much as you can.
The root of all evil is the absence of empathy. And we can deduce that lack of money is the root of all evil.
In the end, I only wanted to say that humans always tend to blame others for their misbehave and sins. Rather than taking responsibility for all the cruel and devious acts they have committed in the past or they are doing now, they are in a constant state of finding things to blame. I recently read a research paper where scientists were blaming animals for global warming. Well they have to call off the research paper after outrage, but still they did that. Hence blaming the money is the same as blaming a knife for stabbing someone, instead of blaming the culprit. Remember that non living things can never be devil or devious, it’s always the user thing to decide the utilisation. They are a mere resource that can make your life a lot easier, if used wisely.

3 Likes

post 3 this one is a must read for every individual who is trying to start investing from somewhere or something Read it even if you don’t like stock because it’s here to educate you about how this world of corporate works

I would recommend you to sit with a pen and paper, because this is overloaded with information and terms that you may never have heard about. If you’re a beginner And if you miss any you will get more confused. And let’s begin.
Stock are not real money but good thing to start with something and somewhere as you can start by just 100$ the only real thing that has real value is land so your goal should be buying as much land as possible once you have gathered enough money through stock investment in approximately 5 to 7 years. Yes 5 to 7 years is what you atleast need to accomodate enough wealth that you can be satisfied with
What is the stock market?
Stocks, which are also called equities (fragment of ownership) that give shareholders (buyer of shares) an ownership in a company. It’s a real fraction or part of ownership in the business, and if you own all the shares of the business, you control how the business operates (simply you are the owner of the company). But technically to own the company you only need just more than half shares of the company. That is 51%. Now what owners do is they hold anything more than 51% share and release the rest 49% in the market for others to buy and sell. This way they can keep decision making in their hands (as in the company they have to vote for any decision that they want to take and one share is equal to one vote, so when voting for anything happens you will win only if you own more than 50%), and also get money from people who buy the rest 49% from the stock market (if confused how then, trust me and keep reading). The stock market refers to the collection of stocks of different business and company that can be bought and sold by the general public (on a variety of different exchanges. What is an exchange, you may ask if you are a beginner just think of an exchange as a Marketplace, where you can buy and sell these shares of the business).
Where and how does stock come from in the stock market ?
You can skip this part if you want to. But I would recommend you to read for a deeper understanding, Public companies issue stock so that they can fund their businesses (yes told you to trust me). Let’s take an example, business man Alfred started a cosmetic business with 10 million investment (often called capital or equity) holding 100% ownership (such company are often called a “private company”, just like Twitter 100% owned by Elon) but after 5 years Alfred’s business earned 1 million every year taking the value of his investment to 15 million(10 million + 1 million for 5 years) for 100% equity. Now alfred decided to issue share to the public (this will make the company a public company), he issued 40% shares that is worth (15 million × 40% that is) 6 million but he will charge premium as his business is doing great and investors are really wanting to invest, so he will ask investors 10 million for 40% and investors will happily buy those share as the company is doing great and has huge potential in future. This way Mr Alfred will get extra 4 million for running the business.
In this case investors can also watch their investment shrink or disappear entirely if the company shuts down.
The stock market is really a kind of aftermarket, where people who own shares in the company can sell them to investors who want to buy them. In the above case of Alfred he issued shares for the first time this is called IPO or initial public offering. After investors get their share, (in their DEMAT account) they can sell it to others. This trading takes place on a stock exchange such as the New York Stock Exchange etc. The price of these shares fluctuate according to this Demand and supply after the IPO. (if demand high price high if demand low the price may be high or low, if supply high price low if supply low price may be high or low). In years past, traders used to go to a physical location on the exchange’s floor to trade, but now virtually all trading takes place electronically.
The Stock exchange is a marketplace where you can buy and sell shares, a DEMAT account is like a bag to hold those shares, there are a lot of companies selling these bags we call them stock brokers.
The Thing I hate about the stock market is that it is highly dependent on government decisions. If the government takes any bad decision you will see fluctuations in the market.
And things I like about the stock market is it’s difficult to lose money if you invest for the long term by choosing the right stock, as currently it’s in recession everywhere. It’s the best time to invest if you are looking forward to starting investing.
When news people say, “the market was up today,” typically they are referring to the performance of the Standard & Poor’s 500 or the Dow Jones Industrial Average. The S&P 500 is made up of around 500 large publicly traded companies in the U.S, while the Dow includes 30 large companies. These track the performance of the price of these collections of stock and show how they performed on that day of trading and over time. simply put If they went up or down.
However, even though people are referring to the Dow and the S&P 500 as “the market,” those are really indexes of stocks(list of stocks according to their weight of networth). These indexes represent some of the largest companies in the U.S., but they are not the total market, which includes thousands of publicly traded companies.
Networth is just how much money company has in Alfred case before issue networth was 15 million and after issue it went up to 19 million.
Of course, you’ll need a brokerage account (remember the bag I mentioned) before you start investing in stocks

2 Likes

Government bond are safer than Fixed deposit, if you’re looking for safe option will be posting about that too

2 Likes

I am a finance guy and here is My take on it.
It depends. I understand what you are saying but there are strategies which if you know how to invest will give you gains manifold.

Common people think, stocks are just lines where they buy at low, sell at High and make profit but it’s alot more complex than that. And if you give the money to someone else to invest then just forget it, even if he is your own employee he will make profit and make it seem in the sheets that you are not gaining anything. Unless, you yourself understand the market never go for stocks.

There are features of stocks, that when used helps you in every situation. You can hedge the risks of a stock to it’s Derivatives, making you maintain your profits even in a dip. You can use American options to make significant gains in a short period of time, if you believe the stock will go up in between at any point in a month. If you know how to make small gains with big volumes, stocks are your tools, you can manipulate even other buyers. You own stocks, you are not at mercy of anyone if you actually learn the concepts.

The only reason I don’t trade right now is it just takes a portion of your time that I can’t give just now. I will invest heavily when I earn a stable income.

5 Likes

Post 4 Skill that will help you to become rich

1. socializing (networking)
    Well there difference between being introverted and being shy an introverted person has great analytical skills and he have really great skills of communication and delivering his message, they are people who enjoy there own company where as a shy person always feel ashamed or lacks confidence in front of crowd this shyness needs to be fixed as it might lead to loosing a lot of opportunities.

2. Skill to start
    Well this is not a skill but so difficult and important part to become rich, that I just have to write it. Most people often don’t start, so if you want to accomplish something or achieve something even just finish something, just start, even if you don’t have any idea from where you can start just start from some where and an it goes on you will figure out rest

3. learn a skill from beginning to end
    I have seen so many people asking how to start making money, let me ask you this one thing, what is the skill that you have learnt that people will pay you for, If you don’t have any then this should be your starting point. Learn a valuable skill

4. Sales and Accounting
    This is pretty boring but totally worth it. Sales is something that you have to do at some point if you want to make money, as you don’t want to be in your 9 to 5 forever you will start a business where you will definitely have to sell something some goods or services and accounting is related to it. If you can make sales but didn’t know the account then your accountant might commit fraud and you will never know. And might get punished for his deeds

Stock market part 2 will come later

Feel free to add anything pr skill you think is important please do

4 Likes

Can’t agree more this will take anyone a long way whatever way you wanna go. I just sent 5 personal emails to VPs of different branch and departments of a company. Out of 5, one of them accepted the request and responded back (praying that he gives me an internship) :joy:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.