Is there anyone who is addicted from 10 years or more and did good streaks? I just want to know that,Is it possible for me to get rid of this 10 years addiction?

I just want to know that,Is it possible for me to get rid of this 10 years addiction?

1 Like

Depends on what you mean by “get rid of”. Never have urges again? :man_shrugging: I wish I knew but I don’t have the answer to that.
Do you mean, never give in to those urges even when they come? Yes, 100% possible.

I have been fighting my addiction for about 15 years on and off. I’ve had some streaks last more than a year. That’s the best hope I can personally offer.

However, I have some friends in a support group who were addicted for 20, 30 years, sometimes even more. And some of them have not even been close to relapsing for years.
I hope I can get there someday. For now, their experience is the hope I have to fight towards.

4 Likes

Sorry. I’m only 8 years into my addiction but I can definitely say it’s possible.
There’s a saying among alcoholics (or maybe even all addicts in general, once an alcoholic always an alcoholic.
What I’m trying to say is if you acknowledge you have an addiction, you will never not be an addict, you will always be one, but will you be an addict you indulges in his addiction, or one who doesn’t despite their addiction. I believe you can be the latter, I know I can. I’m on day 91 and I don’t remember the last time I felt this free
Best of luck

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.