Is any one intrested to learn english vocabulary....?

I am a beginner …
I have a very poor vocabulary in english…
I want a circle in which we together learn amazing vocabulary from beginning level to expert level…
If any one intrested in this please message here down…

7 Likes

Yeah I can offer some tips. I’m not a pro but I’m a native speaker and have some experience with what its like to learn a foreign language.
What kind of style do you have in mind? Five new words a day? Journal style posts edited? Learn one word at a time but really in depth?

3 Likes

I can help you… Read Daily Good English articles in newspaper

3 Likes

I purchased book “word power made easy” and practicing it…
but i don’t have any idea…to remember vocabulary…

1 Like

But how to remember all vocabulary…

What i like is to write word cards (english on one side, your language on the other)
I then always look at the english one and say what it means in my mother tongue for learning them.
This in combination with reading helped me a lot

3 Likes

Nice idea …
thankyou brother…@neveragaintw
I will try it …
Is there any other ideas to remember…?

Use mnemonics for English vocabulary. There are many YouTube channels dedicated to that watch it

2 Likes

Everyone learns and memorizes things differently. For me, I had to use the new words in a conversation with someone. If I did that then they would stick.
I also reviewed them in the evening when getting ready for bed, then first thing in the morning I would try to remember the words from the day before, without looking. That seemed to help.

4 Likes

Personally I’m not a big fan of mnemonics, but you’re right that there are a ton of resources for them, and I know some people like them a lot.
Is there a particular channel that you like?

1 Like

Something else that helped me a lot was to get a book and read out loud every day. That way I learned vocabulary in context, and got practice saying it.

I haven’t tried this, but have a friend who learned English really well. Every morning he records himself saying some new vocabulary words, maybe some example sentences and phrases, then listens to the recording on his headphones throughout the day.

2 Likes

Bro I usually watch some English channel related for banking exams . For mnemonics there was app in playstore

2 Likes

Bro read Newspaper daily , along with start reading English books of your level of comprehensibity. For reading material I would recommend the Economist (I’ll share you the app if you want), The New York Times, For local news Indian express. Just take ONLY ONE source for reading and make it a habit. Read it with the comprehension of a paragraph, Google the words that you don’t understand. I would highly emphasis on The Economist though. Their writing style is sophisticated and you would learn a lot of helpful vocabulary. If you’re watching something that too try to find English sources. There is an App ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.halloglobal.flutterapp.hallo) for English speaking with natives, you can use that to develop your communication skills too.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.