I'm a student and stays all day at home. Need advice any student here

• How you guys manage to control urges?
  • After completion of school many students study from home and many fall into this addiction.
  • I’m able to control my urges for 7/10 days but when i relapse I did it multiple times or even thrice in single day how to tackle this ? Please share some insights.
5 Likes

My phone must be far away, the door must stay open. If urges appear I get up and take a walk until it’s gone. I also avoid thinking about sexual fantasies and try to concentrate more on studying.

5 Likes

Okay if you were in 3rd situation how do you tackle it?

2 Likes

Don’t keep any devices (phone,laptop,tab,pc…) in your room

Set your goals daily , don’t be confused all day

During urges, breathe , walk , drink water .

Use your morning time for jogging or workout and meditation . Have a good start from the beginning .

When you feel burned out , don’t go for phone/social media , Instead talk with friends , listen to music or do your favourite hobbies .

7 Likes

That’s just the chaser effect; when you feel like it’s all over and you are back to zero so you do it again and again and after finishing you realize that you made it worse.
You just need awareness that you’re not totally back to zero when you slip up, learn from your mistakes and get back up.

6 Likes

I had to bro I’m learning freelancing course and do stock trading too . That’s the reason I’m unable to leave these social media habits .

By the way thanks :+1:

3 Likes

I have a similar situation
I have school 2 times a week.

I think the key is that you should make as many hobbies as you can. I am really busy. But it does not mean you wont relapse because you will always have free time to do it.

5 Likes

Mental control :passport_control: that’s all I need .

Thanks for your advice :+1:

5 Likes

The only way out to this is to kill free time make yourself busy or sleep early at night .

4 Likes

Yes it can help you, this is important.
And as the poeple said before, we have to make our minds strong and become lucid

We have to do a lot of things to escape this.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.