I would appreciate your input on this relationship dilemma

Okay, so I’m 22 and I have nowhere else to ask this for some input so here goes. I live with my gf for almost a year and we both go to college(not same college). I own the place where we live but I feel like I am not really in love with her anymore. We get along fine with no real issues but I still got that itch, is this really it? I think I’d feel bad if I kicked her out only a month or two before the whole semester ends. So what would your thoughts be on this topic? Should I just dump her asap so she goes back to her parents(have to say I hate making other people sad which would definitely happen) and I have more time of freedom or wait it out till the end of semester? Any objective input and help is gladly appreciated, thank you!
-Marko

4 Likes

I think you should say to her that I no longer love you.

1 Like

As far as I know living together before marriage rarely works well. From my recommedations you shoud avoid livin in together with your girlfriend.

I don’t know how you should deal with situations. May be just tell her to find her own place and not brake up with her. You can be honest. If situations doesn’t improve then probably break up with her.

Read book by Rollo Tomassi The Rational Male. It will help you to understand the female dynamic.

6 Likes

Oh I did read it, I am pretty informed as it comes to this area. Thing is living in wasnt really planned and it came as a result of certain cicumstances.

On that note, I already lived with another gf for a year and ofc it did not work out.
At this point I can see that maybe I just needed to write my thoughts somewhere because the solution is pretty simple.

Thank you.

2 Likes

You are new to forum , why you joined this forum , are you addicted to PMO.

I wouldn’t say addicted but I see the benefits when stopping. I thought the community would have useful input

5 Likes

Great , there are many benefits of NOFAP.

1 Like

I totally agree. And the reason I asked the question is because I’ve started to really appreciate my personal freedom, work and solitude(not loneliness) over romantic relationships.

3 Likes

You have come to the right place. Here most of the people are of same mindset.

4 Likes

It is a good feeling being surrounded by like minded people for sure.

3 Likes

If you let her down at this point you would be pretty much injuring her both emotionally and on her exams which ofcourse not a very charitable thing to do so I prefer no matter whats your choice, better keep it to be after the semister is finished.

3 Likes

I agree, that is exactly my thoughts!

3 Likes

Hey there, that’s an interesting question. I wonder if you considered telling you gf (after her exams of course) you no longer feel ‘it’ and allowing her to still stay at your place. Perhaps she could try to win you over again? Maybe you could make an effort to try and love her again?

Since in most cases the ‘honeymoon love’ thingy doesn’t last very long. You’re not always going to be in love with the person you marry, I believe it’s an up and down journey where the ups are more than worth the downs.

One of the more important things than the ‘it factor’ is a partner who understands and respects your goals and aspirations and supports you in them. She seems to be like that, from what I read, though I obviously can’t say. Love can come later even.

2 Likes

Thank you for your response.
I come from a place where I believe I am still too young for a real committed relationship. I mean that in a sense that I like my freedom and don’t have to answer to anybody for what I am going to do/planning to do.
Yes, the relationship could probably work with certain compromises, but I am not ready for living a compromising life at the very beggining of my life. I am still forming as an adult and would not like to be limited by living with a girlfriend. For instance, I would like to go studying abroad next year.
I believe she would be okay with breaking up since there would be no hate behind it. Neither of us expected to be in a relationship(since it all started as a one night stand).
I really appreciate the support! As it goes for me, I think this topic can be closed since I already know my next moves.

2 Likes

Bro I am amazed to see how you could live and stay with two girls :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

The country where we live,even parents don’t allow their grown up kids to meet even opposite gender friends alone. Here are you, staying and living with a girl before marriage

Coming to your problem,I won’t say you dump her right now before the exam as that would hurt her emotionally which may cause great distress during exam times. You better talk to her regarding this after the exam is over

Idk why you are rejecting her. Got bored having s*x with her

1 Like

They were like roomates while on college so like it was ‘okay’. Yep after the exams it will be like that. No, not bored after sex (altough 2 years living with separate gfs drains a man), it is just not what I am looking for at the moment or in general.

Okay, that’s cool then. I’m of a different ideology (I won’t pursue a relationship till I know I’m ready for one- less heartbreak that way), but it’s good to know that you are very clear about these things :+1:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.