How to boost your self-confidence

Before you gain confidence, you need self-esteem. If you want to believe in yourself and boost your confidence, know yourself first.

You need to build your self-esteem to get rid of that feeling of not being good enough.

Building self-esteem is one of the best decision in life. It’s a fundamental need.

You need to feel you are legitimate in yourself. You need to be able to find resources in yourself. You need to feel good being yourself. How?

First, learn who you are. Second, accept who you are. Third, be who you are. Fourth, Be comfortable being who you are. Fifth, love who you are.

Develop your identity. Show your personality. Be kind, but assertive.

Just know that if you develop those 12 principles, you will feel confident around other people.

Personal Identity. Know who you are. Be aware of your existence. Know you are different, unique, but equal to everybody else. Be connected with your inner you. Be yourself. Don’t try to be other people. You need self-awareness. You exist so you are a person. You are not able to find anything that will prove that you’re not human. Be honest with yourself.
You are so you exist and you must be exist.

1. Self-acceptance. Accept to be like you are. Because you are like you are, you deserve to live like that. Stop comparing yourself with other people. Be grateful for who you are.

2. Good Self-esteem. Know your worth. Stop blaming yourself or other people. See your importance. Be a diamond for yourself. Self-respect. Love yourself because it’s a duty. You are unique, don’t forget it. You deserve respect, no matter who you are. The first person who need to have a high esteem of you it’s you. Why would anybody else have a high esteem of you if you have a low esteem of yourself? Be logical. You have to work on yourself. Define who you are. Like it and love it. Be a friend for yourself. Speak to yourself like you will do for a friend. Stop labeling yourself with irrational labels like you are worthless, people are more important than you or everybody is better than you or you feel inferior to everybody. First of all, you don’t really know other people and stop caring about other people’s attitude, ability or skills. That’s none of your business. Your business is yourself. Know who you are, love it then share it with people. Not everybody is going to like you. It’s life. But, who cares? There is no better love than self-love. God love is above it of course. You need unconditional love. Love yourself for everything in you: your qualities, your flaws, your experiences and everything. You are worthy. You matter. You have to accept the truth no matter what happened in your life that make you think others are better than you. Your perception of low self-esteem is not the reality. The reality is that you are worthy and equal to every human being.

3. Self-confidence. See yourself as capable. Believe in yourself. Trust yourself. Start giving yourself a chance. Start have faith in yourself. Push yourself. You have to struggle with the fear you have inside and the little voice that inhibited you. Be stronger than your fear.

4. Assertiveness. Express yourself, your feelings, your needs. Be the real you. Do what you really want to do unless it’s not illegal. Say no when you think no. Don’t let people decide of your life. Stand for yourself. Nobody is better than you to do it, unless God himself.

5. Be positive. Just take only the positive part of any situation. Being positive is the only solution for success. Nobody never heard of a negative person who has success. It’s kind of impossible.

6. Dare. Take your responsibilities. You have to face your fears. Remember that courage is not absence of fear but it’s facing any situation with the fear. You have to make the first steps. Don’t wait for people to care about you. If you can do something for yourself, just do it. Don’t be passive. Be active. Take control of your life. If you like someone or love someone, show it to that person. Don’t wait for the other person to make the first step. You can wait for your whole life. Take risks. Be the first to initiate things. Don’t wait for others. You have the right like anybody else to take initiatives. Be creative.

7. Be comfortable with being vulnerable.

Accept to be a human being. Feel okay with rejection. Don’t tale it personally. Accept your emotions, your feelings. Be comfortable with you rights. You have right to love people or to be loved. You can enjoy your life as well. Accept your flaws. Accept to be imperfect. Don’t take yourself too seriously.

1. Stop thinking or caring about what other people think.

Stop seeking for people’s approval or love. Stop being kind when you don’t want to be kind. I know there are social rules, but don’t try to be someone you’re not to please people. There is no glory doing that.

1. Be relaxed.

Say no to prejudices or complexes. Be cool with people. Try to see life as a gift. Try to connect with people instead of seeing people by category. Don’t judge people.

1. Stop comparing yourself with others.

Comparing yourself with people is the framework of inferiority complex.Stop doing that. Instead of that, develop gratitude. Consider the good things that happened in your life. Consider life as a gift. Stop complaining, but work on yourself to be the best version of yourself.

1. Stop seeking for people’s approval.

You need to seek for your self-approval, You need to consider what you think as more important than what others think or at least as equals, You need to be aware that you don’t need people’s love to love yourself or to be happy, Stop seeking to please everybody. Start living your life as the actor of your life. You have to know that having girlfriend or boyfriend will not make you happier if you still have no self-worth. Be aware of your worth. Nobody can love you if you don’t love yourself first. You are like a product. If you don’t make a good marketing for product, nobody will like it. Sell yourself well. Love yourself. Appreciate who you are. Be aware of your strengths. Find who you are. Defend yourself. Stand for yourself. You condemn yourself to a miserable life if you still seeking for people’s approval. You need to stop doing that.

Follow those steps. Discover yourself again. Feel good about yourself. Love yourself and then go to people.

I assure you, you will overcome that feeling of inadequacy or low self-worth.

@Suicider

3 Likes

This is very true. Thank you. I’m already working on some of these steps.

1 Like

Bro, I may be hash on you, but I think it’s time we handle your issue with strong hand, you have to recover yourself, don’t think you are useless, who knows, you might be the President or prime minister in future. Hence.

1 Like

Bro. If you were asking if I’m doing better in terms of suicidal thoughts, then I am doing better a little. I notice change in previous 1-2 months.

1 Like

Please don’t look at me like at the weakest person alive. I have strong patience. And I have strong linguistic skills.

1 Like

First, change your display name on rewire companion
From suicider to maybe Warrior or Newman or Champion, Just something better that can attract positive vibes, the username suicider means failure, it means looser, it means someone who has given up on life.

My advice, Just my humble opinion

This is what I want hear, this is the gaint in you speaking. Keep it up.

1 Like

Yes. I even have so called certificate for being the most silent student in the class. And people should at least have my patience to be like that.

1 Like

Nah bro, that is a failure certificate.
You are awarded for the wrong and shameful reason, don’t celebrate it.

That’s also true. I just tried to look at it as something positive.

1 Like

Been an introvert will not get you anywhere, instead you losing opportunities in life.

I changed my name. But I can’t change the username.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.