Help, I'm relapsing!

I relapsed many times over the month and when I check my relapse journal I see that I relapsed on the same days and also at almost the same time with a difference of just a few mins. Is this a coincidence or does this happen to you all?
And help me with some advice too!!

3 Likes

@anon40571799 I understand your situation and I want to tell you that I also face similar problems. The time when we feel vulnerable to PMO, or the same time daily when you’re alone and things to do but you don’t do. You stress about them and eventually turn to PMO. Also, temptations creep in like one look won’t hurt and all… soon you know it, you’d have relapsed. So, it is advised that keep your mind off of these things by working on something else like if you’re a student, study, keep the phone away… the internet, off. If you’re interested in meeting friends, then go out to dinner, lunch whatever. Keep yourself occupied with tasks… and believe me, there are a lot of things to do like cooking, cleaning, gardening, jogging, gym, yoga etc. Try meditation in silence and focus on your breath. Read some books, scripture or anything that calms you. More you’ll be engaged in tasks, less time you’ll have to wonder about PMo. Further, join a group and face the challenge on this forum. That’s motivating for all. Also, you can request for an accountability partner and communicate with him/them to keep you in check and supervision.
___You’ve done a good thing by coming here in this portal. Now make the best use of it by reading up and increasing your knowledge and learn from experiences shared by fellow No-PMO members.

All the best :+1:t2:

6 Likes

@SelfMadeNinja What about the situation I’m facing… the relapsing on some particular days and almost at the same time… do you face the same ?

2 Likes

Try to find out what exactly is happening on those days and times. What are your thoughts on those times. Write them down and analyse.

Once you understand that it will be easy to find a solution.

2 Likes

@Aragorn Its mostly the time when I’m on my phone.what do you suggest I should do?

1 Like

@anon40571799. Thank for raising this. I was thinking about similar situations. With regards to the phone. I tend to watch christian documentaries… no triggers. My bigeat.problem with most stuff produced on tv series is that there is some trigger. Not sure if it helps. I am recently watching a reality show livingbwithbthe amish. Do have a look. When i think about it thoae folks have a.point of staying away from mobile phones as.it places.us in tempatations way.

1 Like

Get off your phone maybe, switch it off. If I may ask, maybe do you live alone? Maybe that’s a way for you to deal with loneliness and stress. Get urself something to do at that time that won’t keep you on your phone as all it takes is opening a browser and it’s all done. Also don’t touch yourself. It may be hard if you’re used to it but touching yourself while on phone and alone and probably feeling lonely is a really bad idea.

Some psychologists suggest that sexual behaviour/activity is the mature form of intimacy that we humans need and maybe it’s a form of dealing with unfulfilled intimacy needs maybe from friends and family…write down your thoughts. It’s a good thing that you’ve noticed the pattern. It surely is indicative of something big like how you feel then.

2 Likes

@anon40571799
I agree with @SelfMadeNinja "keep your mind off of these things by working on something else like if you’re a student, study, keep the phone away… the internet, off. If you’re interested in meeting friends, then go out to dinner, lunch whatever. Keep yourself occupied with tasks… "

I think you should treat yourself on those particular days. Make them sacred days to give Glory to God! To rejoice in! Amen :pray::wink::grin::dove:

A special day where you do something different.

1 Like

I appreciate all of you for your great advice! God bless

Block everything that leads to pmo… you can even think of replacing your phone with a basic one

@_KarmaYogi but i need to constantly connect with friends and family on whatsapp

You could try to deactivate your browser and the App Store (so you cannot download another browser) and install an App Lock that prevents you from changing the settings again. This way you can still use whattsapp or other apps.

I also agree with @Superme

1 Like