Guilt that I brought to myself

In 2022, I decided to quit ■■■■ altogether, cold-turkey. Didn’t really have a reason for it, I knew it wasn’t healthy but never impacted my personal life.

I quickly found out that it was so hard to quit. Why couldn’t I stop watching it? I didn’t want to stop masturbating, why couldn’t I do it without ■■■■?

It truly felt like another person gained control of my body when the urges came. I felt so much guilt after each session. And each session begun to be longer, more frequent, stealing so much time from me that I could have used in other, more productive ways. The content that I was watching begun to degradate also, diverging into the extreme, stuff that after the fact becomes really revolting to look at. Is this me? Am I really this kind of person? No, that can’t be. For sure, it’s just this time. For sure, tomorrow I will be able to quit. Right?
Needless to say, I never won this battle. Maybe I was able to resist for a week, but then it’s time to celebrate, and what better way to celebrate then treating myself with some, more hardcore, ■■■■?

But why do I feel this guilt? It’s absurd, I brought this to myself! It was just a challenge to see if I could do it, why is this eating me from inside now? Maybe I should have never started this. But there’s no going back now. It truly feels like a red pill moment.

To be clear, I don’t want to stop masturbating. In this nightmare, I somehow managed to decrease the frequency, and I think that it can be healthy with moderation. But the temptation of taking my phone and look up stuff on Google is so strong some days. And even more, I noticed that 80% of the times I do it only because I’m bored/stresses/anxious, not horny. I’m forcing myself to do that, if it even makes any sense.

I want to be a better person. Everything good that I can do, in my head is overshadowed by this beast that is consuming me from the inside. I can’t be a good person, even if I did something good it would be just to feel better about myself. But no matter how well I can hide it to everyone else, deep down I feel like an orribile person nonetheless.

Who is this person inside me making me feel this way? Why to I feel so much guilt all the time? I just want this to end. I brought this to myself and it looks like there’s no way out, except fighting my way out. But it’s so difficult. I try to commit everytime and everytime I fail. Writing in this forum is my latest attempt. It seems like among you there are a lot of people who might relate. First, I apologize for the long, disconnected and probably full of mistakes post which is more like a flow of conscience. Second, if you feel like it and have some tips on how to overcome this, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

4 Likes

You can’t beat this addiction just through motivation, you need some changes in your life like workout, reading,healthy eating like that

2 Likes

The best tip I can give you is:

You’ll have to completely change your life. Remove everything which might trigger you with other healthy activities. Don’t assume sitting home all day on the internet can help you escape this habit. Make new healthy activities which must be mostly outdoors. Surfing the internet without any valid reason will definitely make you relapse. Whenever you relapse write it down somewhere and avoid it next time. With time you’ll have a bullet proof plan to escape this but not easy bro definitely not easy. You’ll go through hell, somedays even if everything is going goood but you relapse your day would be f-ed so if your serious then buckle up bro. Remember YOU NEED TO COMPLETELY CHANGE YOUR LIFE.

I’m saying all of this from experience.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.