Extreme urges: how to get rid of them

How do you guys get rid of extreme urges? Im having ■■■■ dreams at night and i need these thoughts out of my mind.

1 Like

Hai, in order to get rid of the urges first you have to find out the triggers, for example like what actions, what time, which place will make you feel horney.

Never take your phone to the washroom. No matter what you are going to do with your phone never take it.

Keep your phone away while you sleep, this is helpful because if you wakeup in the midnight or you cannot sleep this will make you use phone.

And coming to thoughts, make it clear to yourself you don’t need this cheap entertainment. It will be hard at beginning but eventually you can do it.
Avoid every single app that triggers you.

Go through the ill effects of pmo, keep thinking about it all the time, when you get a urge consciously keep your phone away and control the urge, this will become an habit.

2 Likes

There are no “extreme” urges, there are just urges. Thinking that they’re extreme means you gave it so much attention, thus, so much power. And everything that gets so much of your attention has the power over you.

Why do you see them that way? I’m sure it’s because of boredom or loneliness. You are in a state where you are disconnected from the real world fantasizing about the unreal. Well reality is that thinking about doing PMO because you can’t take it anymore and you want to feel good is like thinking about drinking a poison because you can’t take it anymore and you want to feel it’s good taste.

The truth is, it’s not about PMO, it’s about the process. You even get pleasure while just searching for P or fantasizing about it. The process is what you desire, the good taste of the poison is what you desire. But as soon as everything is done, you’ll immediately get the bad consequences. It’s like putting on tight clothes just to feel the pleasure of taking them off!

So what is the solution? Simple. Just believe in what I wrote. I’m not saying think that it is right - no - I meant BELIEVE in it. Believe that it’s completely stupid to drink a poison. You are only destroying @Toby with that. Whenever you get urges say “What? Oh no not today old man I won’t fall to the same trap again. Wait why am I even thinking about it? Let’s do something else. Oh look there it goes away. I’m so strong? No I’m just not weak.”

5 Likes

I like the analogy. I guess what I meant by extreme urges were urges that lasted for several hours but I guess I shouldn’t label it that way. Yes it is because of boredom and loneliness but I am working on that.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.