Does anyone check the motivational quotes?

I got one from a fellow user that said “Say NO matter what”.

I know it’s supposed to mean “Say no, no matter what” or something like that. But still… It’s kind of off-putting when I read it, which can be several times a day.

And it’s not even the only one. There are other quotes that are particularly bad. There’s one that I like a lot from Henry Ford: “Whether you think you can or you can’t, you’re right”. But then, there’s this one that’s clearly a rip-off, from Mary Kay Ash: “If you think you can, you can. And if you think you can’t, you’re right”.

Admittedly, that last example is just annoying, in my opinion. But there’s also an issue with grammar in some of these, as well as spelling (particularly in the quotes from “Anonymous”, which is spelled incorrectly).

2 Likes

Personally they have provided me with some strength to carry on, and have at times stopped me from relapsing.
If you dont like a quote just tap to the next one.
I do understand where ur coming from though.

2 Likes

I noticed this too.Just laugh it off.Some of the quotes that come up are golden though.It’s quite a minor thing to complain about.The app is so well designed. I think the badges should be more spaced apart. I don’t feel entitled to titles like “knight” “Duke” or “chancellor” so easily.Given their historical meaning they should take longer to obtain.

1 Like