Discussion about Islam

Assalamualaikum guys
I want to make this app more interesting for me so that I can frequently visit here and extend my ongoing streak and also make it interesting for others too
The most interesting thing for me is theological discussions in which we can understand each other perspective
So I will like to invite students of knowledge from my religion to participate in this discussion and feel free to initiate it by whatever way they want
Other religions scholars are also welcomed even if he is atheist then that is also fine

10 Likes

Even though I am a Muslim myself, I would suggest editing the title of the topic and rephrasing it as - A discussion about Religions. Or make it specific to Islam and call it - A discussion about Islam.

This ā€˜other religionsā€™ is undermining and belittling someoneā€™s faith which we must never do. So please edit it at the earliest.

P.S. - You can tap the edit button beside the title to edit it.

6 Likes

I donā€™t think thatā€™s belittling but anyway I will edit it

4 Likes

Actually when we say ā€˜Otherā€™ we are already taking a superior and more central position. I know it is very minute and even negligible thing but I just pointed this out because religion is a kind of sensitive issue. Someone might take offence even when we donā€™t intend to offend them. Also, ā€˜Otheringā€™ is a term used to define an opposite party. It was a popular idea in Orientalism. When the British were writing about the Middle East, Africa and the Indian subcontinent they always considered as the ā€˜Othersā€™. Levinas has written a book on ā€˜Otheringā€™ which looks at how people view those who they think are different from them.

5 Likes

@abrahman what is your take on SECTS in islam?

Did i spill the potion of chaos?

2 Likes

Btw we as a muslims we do believe that our religion is better or superior than other religions, However I get that I should not start this dialogue by offending someone else maybe my English is not good enough and I donā€™t have enough vocabularies to phrase it perfectly.

3 Likes

No you didnā€™t spill the potion of chaos because in my opinion itā€™s impossible for a practicing or a knowledgeable muslim to ignore this topic
However in my opinion regarding sectarianism in Islam is as same as the hadith of prophet (peace and blessings be upon him)that we will be divided into 73 sects and one sect will go to heaven and that sect will be in the religion of companions. Iā€™m paraphrasing it if you want Iā€™ll give you the reference in sha Allah

3 Likes

MashALLAH well said bro.

What can you get from this hadith? Does it apply to us? Because weā€™d mostly sin in private.

It was narrated from Thawban that the Prophet (ļ·ŗ) said:

ā€œI certainly know people of my nation who will come on the Day of Resurrection with good deeds like the mountains of Tihamah, but Allah will make them like scattered dust.ā€ Thawban said: ā€œO Messenger of Allah, describe them to us and tell us more, so that we will not become of them unknowingly.ā€ He said: ā€œThey are your brothers and from your race, worshipping at night as you do, but they will be people who, when they are alone, transgress the sacred limits of Allah.ā€ Ibn-Majah 4245

3 Likes

But if you say that at a public platform, non believers of Islam can say the same. We all believe that our own path is the only true path.

And such statements can lead to chaos.
Hence better to avoid that, atleast in RC.

Okay bye, continue your discussion.

May God bless all mankind.

4 Likes

Itā€™s okay thatā€™s accepted we should not be offended by that there is a reason why you follow a particular religion and why I follow Islam because we think our religion is the best way to live our life I think thatā€™s understandable and we should not get offended by it. Thatā€™s my opinion

1 Like

I mean you can look at this article for the explanation of the hadith
Itā€™s really terrifying when we read this :pensive:
Ya Allah save us from this grave sin

1 Like

Any Questions you guys wanna ask
Or anything related to this topic you wanna discuss?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.