If you have relapsed, you know that the urge spikes considerably by Day 3-4-5. You must have realised that you inadvertently reach out to Instagram.
Instagram the easily accessible drug, where women expose themselves for free. Nothing wrong with that… attention from Simps is a dopamine booster for them, and we’re not here to judge. We just want to improve.
But with Instagram installed in the phone, with its never ending bombardment of face, butt and tits abstinence is going to be tough.
YOU CAN’T GET RID OF A COKE ADDICTION WITH A PACKET OF COCAINE IN YOUR WALLET
The best thing to do would be uninstall the app completely. But we are social animals, we want to feel connected, voyeurism in our friend’s life.
Moreover, it is important to view this journey as an exercise in discipline. We are training to be energy and time monks.
LEARN HOW TO SWIM IN WATER WITHOUT GETTING WET
So here are a few rules to have in place while using the wretched app:
- Only follow accounts you know. Have shared physical space with.
- If you want to follow someone you haven’t shared space with justify to yourself why are you doing it. Is there something about them that inspires you, makes you laugh or motivates you.
- NEVER FOLLOW TITS. The app is basically a database of Simps who spend time gazing on hot women. They collect this data, aggregate it and give you an endless stream of content that other wimps are using.
- Find a better reason than just looks (exception: Fitness) to follow a person. Do that with your current follow list. If you’re a liberal follower, you’ll find that almost 60-70% of the accounts you follow have nothing going on for them other than looks. 90% of the stranger accounts you follow have nothing going on for them other than looks
- DON’T FOLLOW CELEBS. History is written about great rulers, administrators, explorers and discoverers. Never do they feature the court jesters. More on this on a later separate post.
- NO REELS. Figure this out yourself
- Limit your time on the app for not more than 15 mins on a regular day… Watch stories, memes.
This list of rules is a work in progress. I’m sure you have some hacks to navigate this dopamine jungle of an app. Put them down in the comments on the forum post. Honest feedback is more than welcome. Have some mutual respect for everyone in the community and avoid trolling.
Follow me for more such curated stuff on twitter @AmbitionClarity