"Check-in" Daily - diary challenge

Checking in | Day 14/21 | 8 june | 09.45 pm | 2 hr delay bcz of work

3 Likes

Day 37. Check in. Brothers Give me suggestions on How to stop procrastination?

3 Likes

@Karan050
Take pride in small tasks;
Clean kitchen. Errands for others. Wash clothes.

Do nothing.
Consciously make time for doing nothing.
Lying on the floor. Act like a child. Move beyond guilt, worry, anxiety about it.

With work, goals;
Start small, give yourself a strict time frame to work in. No more, no less. Start small - 1 hour or 2, and then take a break, go for a walk.
Focus, relax, focus, relax.

Pray about it daily,
Find gratitude in yourself and for things in life.
You’ve got two hands, two eyes, two sides to your brain. What about misfortunate people?
Pray everyday, give thanks for each blessing, keep asking for help with struggles, keep writing, talking, thinking about it with full desire.
If you really want something, you will find a way, it will appear the more you ask sincerely.
You’ve got to really want it. Really really trust in God as a truly living, personal being that is listening to you, and wants to help.
We have to be direct and precise about what it is we want.
I’ve often found myself receiving things I’ve actually asked for, not only mental but real physical things, and people.
Shallow stupid story; but I had a desire for mediterranian women, Spanish, Italian, Greek… Long dark curly hair, big eyes, big nose… And suddenly a while later a Spanish lady was chatting to me on a dating site and the thing developed… Sadly I messed her around, scared of commitment. I received money when I really needed it. I also really wanted a particular guitar, not rare, but hard to get, suddenly I had the money for it through family, and randomly meet the dealer by off chance in my local small music shop that rarely deals with high end guitars, but the dealer just happened to be in the shop regarding school musical instrument distribution, but is also the UK dealer for the guitar company I was fascinated by.
Weird, amazing stuff does happen.
Keep giving thanks and praise to God :pray:

4 Likes

Monday, June 8

@Forodwaith

@anon67854825 praying for you bro :pray:

All good. I managed to study more today, I think I’m getting my rhythm going. Still watched a lot of YouTube, but I am starting also to shift to more interesting stuff on YouTube like podcasts, interviews, listening to people telling their stories.

It is a way to learn more and open my horizons, I am really trying to do this during this rebooting period, that’s why I restarted reading regularly as well. I do really want to expose myself to life and to what is really out there, find some inspiration for doing new things. When I was PMOing regularly my life always felt kinda dull and tedious, I knew what I wanted to do in life, my future plans, but I pursued them with laziness and like they were some things I had to do but did not really fill my life with joy and meaning. Now that I’m here at one month of no PMO I feel that I am recovering some of the joy from the little things in life, I am able to smile more, relate more to people, get excited about my future and about actually trying to pursue my objectives and dreams. I think I still have a long way to go and I haven’t recovered my full sensitivity yet, but these changes tell me I’m going in the right direction for sure!

Thanks to God for another clean day! :pray:

4 Likes

I am on a 40 days p**n-free streak and I do not want to stop it! :muscle: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Monday 8th June

Thanks @Gk-00 :wink::pray: it’s inspiring to imagine that for myself too :pray:
How are you? @Forodwaith hoping you peace.

Today has been a good day, Thanks be to God.
There was some friction between my business partner and the elder…but I didn’t get stirred, I just paid attention without making judgements.
I could expound like I’ve done, but that’d deter from the point.

I watched this video last night

2 Likes

Guys ,i have a serious question,how often ya’ll get wet dreams on an average over a month? Coz ,lately i feel mine is increasing more(i’m on 40 days streak)…And i also wanna know when it will subside or decrease to a significant low? Help me with this incase if you’ve experienced it or know anything about it…Especially those that on high streak would know!!!

1 Like

Week 13 - Mon, Jun 8, 2020 - Streak: 1 day

@Karan050 If I could suggest anything brother, I would say much of what Aoshigreen said. Break your tasks into smaller, manageable bits. And reward yourself lightly for taking those steps when you complete them. Eventually you’ll be able to complete bigger tasks and give yourself bigger rewards. Another thing that helps me that Aoshigreen mentioned is to know exactly what it is that you want to do. Specify your goals and tasks with good detail and maybe that will make it seem less like such a huge thing and more like something that you can break apart and do more easily. Hope that helps bro!

@simion For me, if I’m relapsing frequently I almost never get wet dreams. But on all my big streaks there were times where I would have them almost every night for a week, but then it would stop for awhile. On my 175 day streak I had wet dreams fairly frequently, maybe once or twice a week, sometimes none. But it all depends on the person. I guess It’s just the body’s way of regulating it maybe, so I wouldn’t worry too much about it. But if you’re really set on reducing it, I know other brothers on here can answer for that better than me.

Good day today in terms of this struggle. Been really trying to dig deep into understanding my relapse cycle and make the necessary changes.

However it was busy with my cousin’s graduation today, so I didn’t get to work at all. Lots of stress around that because I know tomorrow I’ll be busy with my calc quiz. I think it’ll be important to just dive right in and not worry about it, so I don’t waste too much time.

I’ve been getting off schedule with my sleep again, so cutting the night short.

Goodnight guys :zzz:

3 Likes

Thanks,it was helpful… It’s just that i’m anxious about losing what i’ve been trying to save for weeks.But i also found that it’s body’s mechanism of eliminating old semen…Knowing that ,gave me some relief!!!

3 Likes

Day 38. Check in. I will do my best brother to change my old my procrastination habit slowly as you mentioned. Thanks for advise @anon67854825 and @Special_Bird

2 Likes

Tuesday, June 10

All good. I managed to study today as well, although probably the issue of too much YouTube during work hours still stands. Will try to limit it to certain moments during the day.

Thanks to God for another clean day :pray:

2 Likes

Tuesday 9th June

All good. Its been a good day, I left checking-in/reflection a bit late today :pray:

I worked most of the day,
I started the day with prayer, having a YouTube video playing while I started preparing.
Spiritual nourishment is important.

I had some technical problems, and felt out of my depth with it, but I persisted, played around, and solved the issue.
:pray: Thanks be to God :pray:
I feel proud I’ve accomplished something new.

After supper, I took the dog for a walk, and just lay in the park starring into the sky.
It was a nice feeling, much better than staying indoors.

I monitored my thoughts often today, or at least a little more than usual.
A few blind moments, but they dissappeared, and not dwelling on it right now :pray:
Thanks be to God.

Walking back from the park I felt some joy.
My mind is clearer and it’s only day 2.
2 or 3 days ago it just wasn’t the case, my mind was messed up, like a pond had been stirred, raising up all the dirt and debris, making navigation difficult.
But I’m a lot clearer. The religious Sister on YouTube has been blessing on me :pray:
:pray::pray::pray: Thank you dearly Lord :pray::pray::pray:

2 Likes

Week 13 - Tues, Jun 10, 2020 - Streak: 2 days

@simion Yes definitely, it’s just an automatic mechanism of the body, so no need to worry about it. Happy to help bro :+1:

Successful day today. Redirected my thoughts to something productive when I got the urge. Late night tonight, but waking up early anyway, because I realized I’m just going to get to bed later and later.

Goodnight guys :zzz:

2 Likes

Day 39. Check in.

“Whatever it takes
'Cause I love the adrenaline in my veins
I do whatever it takes
'Cause I love how it feels when I break the chains
Whatever it takes
You take me to the top I’m ready for
Whatever it takes
'Cause I love the adrenaline in my veins
I do what it takes”

4 Likes

Wednesday, June 11

@anon67854825 @Forodwaith

All good. Today I studied, and sent some more job applications. In the evening played with a friend online on PC, it was good fun and some socializing.

Reboot is going steady, I am not having strong urges in this period, although I still feel the power of P flashbacks when they cross my mind. I want to stay humble, keep my guard high, and the more I go forward the more I realize that I don’t want to trade the life I’m living now with the one I was living before. This journey truly is a blessing from God, I really needed this :pray:

4 Likes

I love this song,bro​:100::raised_hands:

1 Like

Wednesday 10th

@Gk-00 @Forodwaith

All good, Thanks be to God :+1:
:pray::pray::pray:

1 Like

Week 13 - Wed, June 10, 2020 - Streak: 2 days

Good day today. Went on another hike with my sis, took the whole day, felt refreshed by getting outside. My sister and I are really close and so I always confide in her for advice about decisions. I talked to her about my girlfriend and how I feel about it. She really helped to affirm my thoughts, I just don’t think this is right for me. But my love for her (in the general sense, not romantic) is clouding my vision because I don’t want to hurt her.

It was really helpful to get this affirmation of my thoughts, as my mom was on the opposite side, and I confided in her originally the first time, but her thoughts on it ended up making me go back with her.

But my feelings about this relationship persisted and I can’t ignore them. I’m going to end the relationship, and I’m not giving myself a week or anything. I just need to cut it off. I’ll do it gently obviously, but I just can’t let my care for her bring me back out of guilt.

I’m unhappy! And I’m not living a fulfilled life. And if I’m not happy, that’s not doing her any service long-term. She deserves someone who can love her completely.

Yikes, this is a lot harder than I expected, I’m so worried I’m making the wrong decision, but in my heart I know it’s right. I can’t keep flaking last second like this, it’s just typical worry.

I’ll keep you guys updated. I’m going to write her, then get to bed. Anyway, goodnight guys :zzz:

2 Likes

Day 8
Ahh it was hard (literally, got blue balls)
Going on a positive vibe, but getting derailed by her pmsing. Hope to hop back on it soon.
Her b’day this week. Corona long distance is getting difficult lol.

2 Likes

Day 40. Check in. All good. May God will help us in our journey and Give enormous power to fight :pray:

2 Likes