"Check-in" Daily - diary challenge

Week 10 - Oct 6, Sun - Streak: 42 days

@Positivebloke Thanks man!

RIP on those 4 exams, I hope you succeed in your studying plan tho. You got this!

Also that’s interesting about how all that study turns the female body into a perception of only parts. I feel that a similar thing was starting to happen for me when I was in my Criminal Justice program, particularly when we were studying blood stains and body mutilation, etc. I can’t say I liked thinking that way, but it was definitely interesting stuff.

Stay strong💪

P.S. Do you or anyone know how to imbed a video into my post?

As for me,

Late night. Was up studying for last midterm tomorrow. Disappointed that I am going to miss sleep again, so got to stay vigilant tomorrow for urges.

No urges today, things went well, but stressful. Keeping this short so I can get to bed.

This is my streak, I am going to make it.

Never cut a tree down in the wintertime. Never make a negative decision in the low time. Never make your most important decisions when you are in your worst moods. Wait. Be patient. The storm will pass. The spring will come.

-Robert H. Schuller

3 Likes

Some how i feel now a days a lack of attention from girls and thus feel little bad and low abt it but then i m reminded of doing NOFAP (day 12) and semen retention which is enough to b Happy n feeling content.

4 Likes

Checking in - Monday 7th October. All good, thank GOD.

@Special_Bird I know you can copy in a link from YouTube, but I don’t know how to do more than that. If there’s a way I’d like to know as well!

“Change your behaviors and your feelings will follow.” – Susan McManhon

I’ve found that I would spend so much time waiting to feel ready to change or act. I tied the starts or ends of my streaks to special events and dates, hoping that they would add extra meaning and make me feel that this was it. I would read things and hope something would give me a spark of inspiration to get me going. I would write up plans for positive habits I’d add to my life, waiting for that time when I would feel ready to change. But for me, that feeling never came.

When I began to act, when I stopped worrying and waiting to feel right, things started to change for me. And the strangest thing happened, I gained that sensation I had been searching for. I gained confidence in my ability to stay clean each day. I felt inspired. I could keep going.

Now, I need to remind myself that action is needed before I feel that way about other positive habits in my life. Waking up on time, eating healthily, exercising regularly. Each small victory builds confidence to keep going.

3 Likes

Welcome back @reboot123
Peace be with you :hugs:

3 Likes

Check-in 7thOctober2019
All is good

I’m increasingly looking at girls not in a positive way.

Itemising woman and make them as just mere sexual attraction is very bad.

I can see that this thought is not good for my current streak and mental health.

I need to see beyond this all.

5 Likes

Week 48 - Sep 30~Oct 6
All Good, Another Clean Seven! Setting Small Goals. Small Victories!!
Completed 14 days, My Highest in Months.
There’s a lot happened that left me emotionally exhausted. Thus, got urges everytime but stayed in control so I can recover, not go deeper in disturbing state.

Check-in Week 49 - MonDay - Oct 7
Tonight ended in a Wetdream, thus wokeup and writing here. Though had to empty it fully after, urges come back strong in morning if I don’t. I’m Good or Should Reset?
All The Reservoir Emptied on Some Dream Fantasy :sweat_drops: Night of the Fallen :sweat:
Day 17.
PS: Not Much Active nowadays, miss reading on forum n talking to community members. Will try to update Fappy Nik's Journal ⚕️ - #17 by rowdy_nik soon. Best Wishes to everyone. Stay Strong Brothers! Flame On :muscle::fire:

4 Likes

Week 49 ~ Montag

Alles gut! Dank sei Gott :pray:

4 Likes

Check in- day 13
All good… glory to God

5 Likes

Checkin…tuesday…

4 Likes

Week 11 - Oct 7, Mon - Streak: 43 days

Oof, the midterm went kinda eh. I think I’ll be lucky if I get a C.

Dear Lord man, I’m just getting beat up here. I feel like my professors are looking down on me, like Im not trying. It’s really frustrating. I now know all the places where I can improve, but at the same time it feels like the world’s against me right now. I’ve never had this much trouble with my testing. What’s even more frustrating is that it seems like all my friends and classmates are doing just fine. They aren’t having any trouble, all the students that were having trouble already dropped. Work piles on and it feels like I never have room to breathe.

These things are frustrating. I know all I can do at this point is work on improving my work ethic and doubling down. I just hate feeling like the dumb kid in those two classes. My calc professor seemed visibly pissed about everyone who didn’t do good on the midterm. And my electrical engineering professor is already scary enough as it is, Im not looking forward to seeing him after he sees my test.

But oh well, what can I do, fake it till I make it, I guess.

But, despite that, I am still beyond grateful for my streak. I feel free and confident in that sense. I know these things with my classes will pass eventually however it may go. But this, this is important. I am finally becoming the person I want to be. I can live free from moral dilemma. Had one trigger today, ran into one of those stupid ads on a website that actually showed nudity. Blocked it out successfully though.

This is my vibe tonight for you guys, more melancholy:

https://youtu.be/n1h1AOeVQ38

Until I can figure out how to imbed, I’ll just post a link. @Taher is it possible to imbed video? Or not yet?

Character is like a tree and reputation like a shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

-Abraham Lincoln

5 Likes

Peace be with you @Special_Bird
Like you said, it will pass, you’ll look back one day and laugh, and look back with mercy on others, We all hold on tightly to meeting particular outcomes for ourselves - obviously your tutors :sweat_smile:
We’re so caught up fixing things, proving ourselves worthy, valued - God never requires such things, only faith :pray:

5 Likes

Checking in - Tuesday 8th October. All good, thank GOD.

“Recovery is a process. It takes time. It takes patience. It takes everything you’ve got.”
Unknown

After the high of passing 90 days and beyond, I’ve started to plateau. It’s been a struggle to continue making progress in other areas of my life. Regular exercise, changes in diet, completing important tasks daily towards achievements I’ve wanted for years.

I need to be more patient with myself and not try to undo years of damage in two weeks. Make the changes I can make with the ability I have now, and grow from there.

I’m thankful for the fact I can look towards improving my life; I honestly wouldn’t have been capable of making steps towards my vision four months ago. Always thank GOD for everything.

5 Likes

Week 49 ~ Tuesday

All good :+1:
Give thanks to The Lord everyday :pray:

Always be kind and patient with yourself @Forerunner the devil is in the detail
Faith, Hope and Love :pray:

3 Likes

Check in- day 1
All good…glory to God

4 Likes

Checkin…Wednesday …

3 Likes

Sharing Code - xno9ys
Country - India🇮🇳
I want to join.

3 Likes

Week 11 - Oct 8, Tues - Streak: 44 days

@anon67854825 Thank you man, I know I need to be easier on myself. I will look back and see all of these things as minor setbacks in the grand scope of it all. Good learning experiences, but nothing to get worked up about.

Thanks for the encouragement bro, I needed that :slightly_smiling_face:

Stay strong yourself :muscle: and peace with you too!

@Forerunner Ya I’ve been thinking about that. A plateau seems inevitable after reaching such a big goal as 90 days. But remember that that is the nature of this journey, you’re in the long haul to freedom. But maybe it would be good to revise your strategies to better fit a long term schedule.

You had to make your activities intense so as to carry yourself down the cliff. But now that you are in the basin, maybe it is better to take off your climbing gear and put on your rucksack. Create a new activities schedule that is manageable and flexible over the long-term but still pushes you towards your goals. Ask yourself realistically what you’re able to accomplish on a daily, weekly, and monthly schedule. Maybe you are trying to do too much with too little time? And don’t get me wrong, I don’t think you should stop going for these things, but even too much good work can turn to bad work. Measure yourself.

Idk tho, hopefully that’s relevant to what you were saying. Didn’t mean to come off like I know what’s up if it sounded like that.

A lot of us look up to you man, we just want to see you succeed. You’re doing some amazing stuff here and your regular posts really encourage me to keep going.

Stay strong :muscle:

@Karan050 Welcome! Glad to have you join us dude :facepunch:

As for me,

Things were good today, but busy. No urges.

You know, last night after I posted I was thinking about all that I have to be grateful for. Yesterday, my mom came in and gave me this pack of techie stickers for my laptop that I had been really wanting. Like I don’t even know where she got them, she just gave them to me. But she said she felt bad that my day sucked. I was like bro, she’s the best.

I got to be grateful for that. I didn’t always have her in my life. Now just as a disclaimer, I hate talking about my “past” cause it seems like everyone nowadays does that to be edgy or whatever, but Im here to journal, so I legitimately got to be grateful for her. I didnt get to see her for half my childhood because she was out on meth and all that. Shes literally the best mom in the world though. It took 5 and a half years, but if she had never come back from that I would have never been the person I am today. I probably wouldn’t be doing NoFap either. She was the one who helped me to see that I could fight this and to find this app.

I haven’t talked to her in a long time about my streak or anything, I got so ashamed about it, even though I know she would understand. But now Im waiting till I get to the new year. Then I’m going to show her my streak, I’m really excited for her to see it honestly because I think she thinks I have just kind of given up or something. I want to make her proud.

But you know what’s crazy is that it took her 5 and a half years to get clean and it looks like it’s taken me that long too. Exactly that long. Crazy stuff.

Anyway, I better get to bed.

Here’s my vibe for you guys tonight (it’s a bit different than my usual music, but you can’t go wrong with the oldies):

Notice that the stiffest tree is most easily cracked, while the bamboo or willow survives by bending with the wind.

-Bruce Lee

4 Likes

Sometimes the forum doesn’t detect the YouTube link, reediting the post fixes it.

4 Likes

Day 1. Check in. Fresh and New start💪.

4 Likes

Ok awesome! Thanks for the help!

3 Likes