Challenge your Brain With Math, Science & Puzzles (Entries Always Open)

1 Like

Wow!! @anon30406793 Thanks a lot for this!! I pay my heartiest gratitude to you!

1 Like

Solve and Explain:

There are 3 people, John, Sarah and Paul.

John is looking at Sarah and Sarah is looking at Paul.

John is married, but Paul is not.

Is a married person looking at an unmarried person in the above situation?

Options:
a) Yes
b) No
c) Can’t Say (Not enough data)

3 Likes

Answer : c
@RedStorm47

2 Likes

I’d choose option (a).
As Sarah can only be married or unmarried, we have two cases:
If she is married, then it matches the condition via Sarah(Married) looking at Paul(Unmarried)
If she isn’t married, then it again matches the condition but via John(Married) looking at Sarah(Unmarried).
So, option (a) should be correct.

3 Likes

No
Option b is mine answer

Explanation noticed later so listen

I think according to the question it is indirectly asking that is John(married) looking at Paul(unmarried) or not, but no John is looking at Sarah

2 Likes

@RedStorm47 Am i correct :bird:

2 Likes

Eight persons are sitting in a row some of them facing north and some of them facing south. M sits third to the right of J, who sits one of the extreme ends of the row. Six persons sit to the right of Q. Z sits fourth to the right of Q. Immediate neighbor of Z face same direction to each other’s. Both X and P sits immediate right to each other’s. One person sits between P and Z. P sits third to the left of R. R is not immediate neighbor of Q and M. Not more than four persons face south direction. P sits third to the left of Y. M does not face North.

Who among the following person sits immediate left of Z?
(a) R
(b) M
(c) J
(d) X
(e) None of these

The person who will give correct answer along with correct sequence of person will get 10 challenge points + a special badge

Okay so!!

Guys, @Sherlock221B78 is entirely correct and their explanation is a 10/10.

@anon30406793 I feel you, I think you got tricked which was the actual purpose of this puzzle.

@User1132Kazuma No bro, don’t get confused by the language, it is not asking if THE married person is looking at THE unmarried person, but it is asking whether A married person (which can be anyone) is looking at AN unmarried person (again, anyone can fit in)

2 Likes

I was also trying again on Paper. @Sherlock221B78 is absolutely correct :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

My answer is option A
@anon30406793

Correct sequence is

1 Like

@User1132Kazuma

Perfect answer

That was hard tbh… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

That south north was breathtaking :bird:

1 Like

When am I getting the badge and points @anon30406793 :no_mouth::no_mouth:

1 Like

Dont worry brother
I will update tomorrow because today I have some work.

1 Like

No problem

20 characs characs

1 Like

I had by mistake given 10 points to @RedStorm47 instead of @User1132Kazuma. So I am giving 10 points to @User1132Kazuma.

My apologies for the mistake @User1132Kazuma & @RedStorm47

3 Likes

The value of the product:
tan(1°)×tan(2°)×tan(3°)×…×tan(88°)×tan(89°) = ?

3 Likes

Answer is 1…

3 Likes