Careers and their salaries also criteria

Hello :wave: I wanted to know about Career and Work what you do and what you know about careers also there salaries Because Now I am in my High school So I need information about careers and works for choosing one as my future occupation I don’t want to regret in future about my career. So I request you to please help me.

10 Likes

First you need to tell us about your interests. Your strengths and weakness. You can just tell about your fav subjects, we can narrow it down from there.

4 Likes

Actually Brother I want to know your experience about work and which career you choose are you satisfied with it and it’s salary then the required subject and courses

3 Likes

Brother I can do any subject I am in 10th
I still not selected a fav subject

2 Likes

Hm, I think I will still narrow it down. Electrical engineering is a vast field. Electronic machines and devices are used in so many places, so there are so many options. I am still thinking which sector I wanna join.

I think it’s interesting field but lot of hardwork is required so not exactly satisfied.

3 Likes

Give some aptitude tests online so that you know more about your abilities.

3 Likes

Hmm that’s a Great idea :bulb: I will give a aptitude test. :+1:

2 Likes

Hi, im working in tech field, data scientist to be precise. I can say that it is a quite good paying job rn. Maybe if you ever heard, people say that data scientist is the sexiest job in 21st century (they exaggerate things tbh :roll_eyes:). If you are interested in math, coding, problem solving it might be fun for you

And looking at your name, seems like you are coming from SEA, might be indo? Cmiiw
But in indonesia, I see that data scientist and data engineer is on demand. Not sure few years after this it will be the same or not. But data skill for sure will be useful in all field. So nothing to lose if you want to learn about data

7 Likes

If you’re interested in computer science @prince_king has mentioned Udemy and coursera and I agree with this. I recommend starting with python if you want to learn coding. It’ relatively easy to learn and a very powerful and popular language. Udemy has a course in python called 100 days of code that is great and coursera’s python for everyone is good to get started. If you can learn this in 10th grade it will put you in a great position. Cheers!
https://www.udemy.com/course/100-days-of-code/

8 Likes

I am doing a course in C programing from coursera. Starting coding by learning C is best to grasp the concepts. Switching from C to python will be a cakewalk since C builds concept while python have more built in functions. Learning C can take time, which you definitely have as a young student but the concept it will build can be used in various other programming language.

6 Likes

This is correct. I just liked starting with python because it’s a fun language to learn compared to many others. But many languages borrow syntax from C so its a great foundation, if you want to put in the effort. If you really want to get a good understanding the CS50 is a great place to start. You dont need the payed certificate the free option is just as good and can be used on LinkedIn immediately after completion.

3 Likes

The thing is, as a computer scientist you never stop learning, so whatever you pick up will be useful as long as its relevant. It also matters what you want to do, as different languages are used for different applications. I don’t want to overload you with info so ill leave it at that. :sweat_smile: Hope it helps and good luck.

3 Likes

Thanks brother for your advice I will try it then I will think about it btw I am Asian :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks brother I will try it if I feel compatable with this then maybe I can become one. :v:

2 Likes

Data Scientist and Computer scientist is in same field of work? Maybe their subject is almost same I will research about it.

Data scientists focus on machine learning algorithms, whereas computer scientists focus on software design. It all involves coding so it just depends what you are interested in.

1 Like

I will study more about them then I choose my interest

1 Like

Sounds good and good luck! It seems intimidating at first but once you start to understand it becomes fun. You can make video games or apps, do cyber security, or many other things. Cheers!

2 Likes

True bro, in US a person who has a good knowledge of algorithms, maths, physics and trading gets to earn 200k to 400k average😭

I want to go in this field now but my field is different…I am majorly into consulting and investment banking. Although I am learning it, studying in college but I have worked on some projects relating to it.

About consulting it pays decent, from a very good college u can start earning from 20-40 INR (or 56-70K USD as a consultant in US) with experience you can expect your salary to grow upto 70 lakh in 4 years(100k to 120k or more USD in US).
After that u go on to become manager and partner, and your salary then has no bounds… you earn in crores.
Typical working hours of a consultant is 9 to 6 or 7.
U will get a case which may last upto 3-9 months depending on the problem, where you will travel to different cities for a whole week in each city where client is.

Although i myself am learning Machine learning and algorithms cus I wanna switch my career later after I am done with consulting by saving and investing a hefty surplus of money somewhere else.

8 Likes

Now I know who is the go to man in case I need money in future. :grin: Thanks @Awaken_one for letting me know that you gonna have a lot of money. :upside_down_face:

5 Likes