Breathing technique for reducing wet dreams

There is a very nice technique that I want to share with you guys, which will help in lowering stress and anxiety, also reduces sexual urges and thoughts, leading to fewer wet dreams. The technique is called left nostril breathing. As the name suggests, you have to breathe through only left nostril, closing the right one, take deep breath ins and and outs for 5-10mins. The reason why it lowers stress is because our left nostril is connected to the parasympathetic nervous system, which is responsible for calming down the body and relaxing it. When we breathe normally, there is a slight difference (very subtle) between the intake of air in both nostrils (during the day, right nostril is more active and during night, left is more active). You can even check this by putting a finger in front of both nostrils and feel the slight difference. similarly, our right nostril is responsible for agility, energy , focus and strength. So whenever you wake up from sleep and feeling sleepy or feeling drowsy while working, do right nostril breathing for getting active quickly. These are simple breathing techniques everyone can do and it just takes 5-10 mins but this makes a big difference in the productivity of the day.

If you want to know more in detail about wet dreams, visit :- All that you need to know about a wet dream

5 Likes

I have a confusion. I heard that during night, right nostril should be active. (Here, right means towards my right hand, not from the perspective of a person in front). Please confirm.

Right nostril is for active body. Right is not active at night, left is. Left is connected to parasympathetic nervous system which is responsible for calmness and relaxation

2 Likes

The purpose of the Right nostril breathing is to increase the Pranic energy , the physical energy, to revitalize the body. It increases the efficiency of digestive system, also boosts the nervous system, especially the sympathetic nervous system. Source: https://www.yogapoint.com/pranayama/Surya_bhedan.htm#:~:text=Right%20nostril%20is%20Pingala%20Nadi,energy%2C%20to%20revitalize%20the%20body.

With a long, slow, deep breath, gently inhale through your left nostril. Then, just as gently, exhale long, slowly and completely, again through the left nostril. Relax your body as you feel the relaxing, cooling breath bringing new life into your body. Relax even deeper with each exhale as you breathe out all tension, all stress, and all disease.
Source: https://www.grdhealth.com/articles/left-nostril-breathing-calming

1 Like