Break through year

(24,M) Frank’s diary
The first half of last year was good but not so much the other half.
I’ve come to terms with the reasons for this and I’ll be tackling it head on. Here is a diary for this year documenting my journey quitting this deep rooted habit

2 Likes

It’s addiction bro. It’s different.

Oh and happy new year brother! You can do it!

1 Like

Day 9: So I’m currently in day 9 and I feel so much urges. I can see myself searching things unrelated and provocative on YouTube. I just stepped back now to write a bit on this app.

Pmo has taken so much away from me like my love for things I used to like doing but this year is where I snatch it back.

One of my weakness is being alone and feeling bored. Right now I’m in my lowest state but I need not fight it alone but with other people. I will leave my phone and go and talk with family

3 Likes

[Day 1]It’s a dead end…
Pmo has brought nothing good to my life, instead it has taken much away from me. I have to readily tell myself this. I usually wondered why p**n is free but now I realize that since we are the price, it doesn’t need to be bought.

Sex should naturally come with intimacy but pmo deprives you of this.

Lastly, pmo is there to steal your purpose. A man needs his seed for drive.

I must stick to this for the whole year, I must.

New challenge
Day 6
1…I appeal to you, my friends, as strangers and refugees in this world! Do not give in to bodily passions, which are always at war against the soul.

1 Peter 2:11 GNBDK

The Bible clearly states that we are not to give in to bodily passions. Bodily passions are always present because we are of the flesh. We should rather listen to the Spirit which brings life in all it’s fullness.

2…Since Christ suffered physically, you too must strengthen yourselves with the same way of thinking that he had; because whoever suffers physically is no longer involved with sin. From now on, then, you must live the rest of your earthly lives controlled by God’s will and not by human desires.
1 Peter 4:1‭-‬2 GNBDK

Whoever suffers physically is no longer involved with sin… This is to say that the flesh is only mortified when it suffers voluntarily. Every body should practice discipline and self-control because the flesh will always naturally gravitate to things that brings forth pleasure to it.

The only way to conquer the flesh is to willfully suffer everyday.

Time to make this part and parcel of ourselves

Ways to willfully suffer.

1. Fasting from the essential things of the flesh like Food, novelty(like social media)
  2. Abstinence from things of the flesh like; lust, pride etc.
  3. Striving to be more of everything good everyday
2 Likes

After reaching Day 30 this is year and relapsing ever since… I’ve picked up the baton again and I ain’t stopping.

I started concentrating on the lifestyle I want to live rather than the numbers. I’m more of a philosopher because of my innate love for wisdom. I decided on the three things to live for every day… PRAY READ FAST.

Everyday I have this three things to accomplish or else the day is a failure. I put down three because it’s something that can be done easily.

18 March 2024

1. Pray… Read scripture​:white_check_mark: and say the Rosary :white_check_mark:
  2. Read… Read at least 2 pages of school based book… :white_check_mark:
  3. Fast… Fast from YouTube (1 hour only):white_check_mark:, Do 20 pushups :white_check_mark:and clean up​:x:

Something came up so I couldn’t clean up…

All this are small because it is always advisable to start small… At the end of the day, I’ll tick the ones I did which will be all of them😁.

1 Like

I like your style :sunglasses: :ok_hand:

Forget about the days, focus on self-development.

It helps to see the days as a measure of how long you have been free, rather than a countdown towards becoming free. Frame it like someone who says I got out of prison a year ago or I’ve been cancer free for 6 months. Yes, we like to get excited about the milestones, but if we remain steadfast in our commitment to abstinence, all milestones will come with time.

You are free today, it’s your job to defend and protect that freedom from the enemy who wants to steal it from you.

Keep going brother, win the day each day with those habits. God bless you. :raised_hands:

1 Like